EdgeView 2 is a cutting-edge image viewer for MacOS X. You can open various image files, can also open archive files like as ZIP, rar without extraction. You can check and open files on built-in file browser. And can connect to FTP and open the file directly. EdgeView 2 is the best choice when viewing and managing image files, cartoon files like as archives.
======= Function / specification =======
——- Image viewer ——
- Supporting image files such as JPG, GIF, BMP, PSD, TIFF, RAW(DNG) and PDF
- Supporting major archive formats such as ZIP, RAR, CBZ, CBR, 7zip, ALZ, etc.
- Can extract encrypted archive file
- Can read archive file in archive file in archive… as they are
- Advanced preread cache for fast loading
- High quality image rendering
- Provide suitable function for comic reading
- Twopage spread, reading from right to left, etc.
- Powerful navigation function
- Move previous/next, skip, move only one page(shift previous/next), etc.
- You can move while checking thumbnails with progress bar and thumbnail bar
- Support for trackpad gestures
- Moving pages with swipe gesture, scaling with pinch gesture
- Builtin loupe function to make it easier to see small character
- Can zoom in/out image freely
- Various special effects can be applied in real time
- Insert shadow in spread pages, auto level correction, blur, sharpen, unsharpen mask, grayscale, colorize, etc.
- Detailed setting is possible from the effects HUD
- Can roate, flip horizontal, flip vertical image
- Support for Animated GIF, and Animated PNG
- Pause/play, move to previous/next frame, and can change frame rates from animated HUD
- Support for Slideshow
- You can adjust transparency for each window
- Can sharing image via SNS.
- Can remote control in comicShare app in iOS device
——- File Browser ——
- Builtin file browser display files as lists or icon
- Can be arranged by file name, rates, writer, category, etc.
- Easily add and modify additional information such as rates, writer, category
- Provide search functions such as spotlight search, file name search
- Can connect to FTP server in a file browser
- FTP file search is also supported
- Image files, archive files in FTP can also be opened directly * 1
- Save opened folders, archive files, PDF files as history
- The last opened page, file position, special effects, display settings are saved and restored as it is at the last state when reopening
——- Other ——
- Automatically create thumbnails of archive files containing images with the builtin QuickLook plugin
- Archive files without images display the included file list on the QuickLook panel
- Comics on Screenshot
- [Give My Regards to Black Jack], by SHUHO SATO. Distributed in Manga on Web (http://mangaonweb.com/satoshuho/download.html)
* 1) The archive file will be downloaded and opened in a temporary folder. The files in the temporary folder are deleted automatically afterwards
Compatibility: macOS 10.11 or later 64-bit
Web Site: http://edgeview.co.kr/en/home/
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/edgeview-2/id1206246482?mt=12
What’s New in EdgeView 2.24
- Release notes not available at the time of this post.