Descriptions for EagleFiler 1.8.1
Name: EagleFiler for Mac
Release Date: 19 Oct 2017
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: OS X 10.7 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Web Site: https://c-command.com/eaglefiler/
EagleFiler makes managing your information easy. It lets you archive and search mail, Web pages, PDF files, word processing documents, images, and more. Use it to collect information from a variety of sources. Browse different types of files using a standard three-pane interface. Organize them into folders and annotate them with tags and notes, or leave everything in one folder and pin-point the information you need using the live search. Since EagleFiler stores its library in Finder format, you can use it in concert with the other tools in your Mac ecosystem.
EagleFiler in a nutshell:
- With a single keypress, import Web pages, mail messages, or any file on your Mac.
- EagleFiler stores them in an open format: regular files and folders that are fully accessible to your other applications.
- Optionally: encrypt the files, add tags, notes, color-coded labels, and other metadata.
- Browse by folder or by tag, or use the live search to find the information you need (faster than Spotlight).
- View, edit, or create documents directly in EagleFiler’s streamlined interface, or double-click to edit using another application.
EagleFiler is a digital filing cabinet, a research assistant, and a snippet collector. You can use it to write a journal, track all the files for a project or job, save your favorite Web articles, store financial statements, run a paperless office, plan a trip, collect your course notes, archive your e-mail correspondence, search mailing list archives, research a purchase, remember recipes to cook or books to read, store scientific papers, gather legal case notes, or assemble a scrapbook. It’s the most flexible tool on your Mac.
What’s New in EagleFiler 1.8.1
- EagleFiler is now 64bit only and requires macOS 10.7 or later.
- Added support for HEIC images.
- Sketch files are now displayed using Sketch’s Quick Look plugin instead of just showing the file icon.
- You can now paste Returndelimited tag names into the Tags fields. This can be helpful in concert with selecting a range of tags and using the Copy command, as that generates Returndelimited text.
- Increased the maximum width of the Title column.
- The How can I put my library on my iPhone? section of the manual now recommends the new Files app in iOS 11, which can view and sync the tags on your EagleFiler files.
- Updated the Edit Smart Folder… and Export… sections of the manual.
- Worked around a macOS 10.13 bug that caused crashes in Core Animation.
- Worked around a macOS 10.13 bug where importing an Apple Mail message via drag and drop could import an empty folder instead of the .eml file.
- Worked around a macOS bug that prevented large PDF files from displaying properly.
- Worked around an issue where macOS would add a color tag (which would then get synced into EagleFiler) when you assigned a label.
- You can now assign the ef_nometa tag to a folder to exclude it (and its subfolders) from metadata backups.
- Added the MJTURLSetModificationDateOnCopy esoteric preference to have EagleFiler try to repair lost file modification dates when importing to a NAS.
- EagleFiler no longer considers .7z message attachments to have unknown type.
- Improved the error reporting when importing a Web page.
- Worked around an internal error when opening a library window.
- When importing an Apple Mail message, EagleFiler no longer warns about missing message parts that are actually present but empty.
- Fixed a bug where the Drop Pad could show no current library if you closed a library window while EagleFiler was in the background.
- Fixed a bug where EagleFiler could report an internal error when Controlclicking on a row that now longer exists.
- Fixed an issue on macOS 10.13 that could cause a hang when searching.
- Fixed an issue on macOS 10.13 that could prevent closing the library or quitting.
- Fixed a regression where there was too much debug logging when importing a Web page.
- Updated the German localization.
Daily Ranking – Top 5 in This Category