Descriptions for Description
Name: Duplicate Detective - Find and Delete Duplicate Files
Release Date: March 31, 2016
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.7 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Courtesy of TNT Team
More information: https://fiplab.com/apps/duplicate-detective-for-mac
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/duplicate-detective-find-delete/id686428787?mt=12
AWARDED MACWORLD 'MAC GEM' 2014- The Best Duplicate Finder For Mac- On Sale: 40% Off Limited Time Only!
Duplicate Detective is the most comprehensive duplicate finder for your Mac. It quickly scans your hard drive to find all the duplicate files and folders on your Mac. You can then selectively choose which duplicates to delete and consequently free up precious space on your hard drive.
CRISP & CLEAN INTERFACE:
• Intuitive and easy to navigate
• Retina-ready graphics
• Scan individual or multiple folders in one go
• Drag and drop support to add folders before scanning
ROBUST SEARCH ENGINE:
• Files compared via our advanced SHA-1 hash checksum algorithm
• Super fast and accurate duplicate detection algorithms
• Locate duplicate images, audio, archives, entire folders and more
• Support for Photos and iPhoto Albums
• Support for external hard drives and network volumes
• Blacklist certain folders to ensure they are never scanned
FILTERING & REMOVAL:
• Filter and sort duplicates depending on their type/size/name/age, etc
• Quick Look support by hitting the spacebar over any duplicate file/folder
• One-click auto selection/deselection of all duplicates for your ease
• Double-check verification screen before deleting duplicates
• Option to enable alias creation to replace duplicates with shortcuts
• By default, duplicates are moved to your Trash, allowing for easy and safe recovery
We've worked hard to make Duplicate Detective as simple and efficient as possible for you to use. We would love to hear your thoughts via email and make any improvements to future versions of this app. We intend to have an active development cycle powered by your feedback and support!!
What's New in Version 1.94:
- Improvements to Photo App duplicate scanning
- Fixed some rare crashes
- App now warns you when you try to quit that you will lose search results
Please kindly leave an updated review. We read each and every comment and your encouragement keeps us motivated to continually find ways to improve the app. If you have a suggestion, please message us through: http://support.fiplab.com
Previous release notes:
This update includes support for removing duplicate photos from the new Photos app libraries.
We are happy to report that Duplicate Detective has now surpassed over 400,000 users, making it the most popular app of its kind! Thank you for your continued support.
Note: As there is no official API for removing images from the new Photos app, the deletion process has more steps involved compared with the older iPhoto libraries. Developers are requesting Apple to add an API so that apps can totally automate the duplicates removal process from the new Photos app libraries.