Name: Disk Drill Pro
Released: Feb 14th, 2018
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.8.5 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Includes: Pre-K’ed (TNT)
Web Site: http://www.cleverfiles.com/
Easy to use macOS utility that provides support for recovering lost data, enables you to backup failing disks, can monitor S.M.A.R.T. attributes, and more
Deleting files accidentally, or having to deal with data loss due to disk failures, are situations common enough to command the need for a powerful data recovery solution.
Disk Drill Pro is a great macOS utility that can create recovery vaults, can scan drives in an attempt to recover lost files, and more.
Easy to install data recovery solution that can run in portable mode
When you launch the Disk Drill Pro application for the first time you can choose to enable the data protection for the main drive, to deal with the scanning results as disks, to activate the S.M.A.R.T. attributes tracking, or decide to open the utility in portable mode.
Note that the information gathered by monitoring the S.M.A.R.T. attributes can be visualized via an unobtrusive status bar menu: you can see the disk name, uptime, power cycle count, total and free space. Disk Drill Pro is able to handle S.M.A.R.T. monitoring for external drives, but you need to install the third party SAT Smart Driver.
Scan your drives by employing different methods and quickly recover data that has not been overwritten
Whenever trying to recover lost, corrupted, or simply deleted data, acting in time is extremely important: you must scan the disk before your system uses that disk portion again, and overwrites the data, rendering it lost for good.
Disk Drill Pro is able to perform quick or deep scans, and can even detect lost HFS partitions. The results can be easily organized by file type, and the recovery process is quite intuitive.
Of course, it is a lot easier to recover the data if you previously enabled the Recovery Vault and the Guaranteed Recovery functions, and Disk Drill Pro has had time to index the drive.
Reliable backup and data recovery solution that also includes S.M.A.R.T. monitoring functions
Disk Drill Pro's capabilities are organized to perform 3 main functions: first you get to backup your disk to avoid data loss in case of disk failure, secondly you get to monitor the S.M.A.R.T. attributes to identify possible disk problems, and lastly you can scan the drives and recover lost files in no time.
Furthermore, Disk Drill Pro features a user friendly interface design and a very low resources usage. All things considered, we must conclude that Disk Drill Pro certainly deserves your attention.
What’s new in Disk Drill Pro 3.5.882
February 14th, 2018
- NVMe S.M.A.R.T. support for newer Macs and their SSD drives
- Deep Scan's featured file format: AutoCAD's DWG format recovery
- Improved DMG backups when external drives present in the system
- Improved navigation in all tutorials throughout the app
- iOS recovery mode now lets you search your recoverable contacts by multiple fields, not only by the first and last name; plus other minor improvements
- Updated: UI localizations
- Fixed: a number of random crashes on macOS 10.11.6 and 10.13.2
Even more file signatures:
- ELFO (Elsterformular by German Tax Office)
- AWB (Adaptive Multi-rate Wide Band)
- AMR (Adaptive Multi-Rate audio codec)
- AFPHOTO (Affinity Photo), 3DS (Autodesk 3DS Max)
- AAC (Advanced Audio Coding)
- BIK (Bink Video)
- VOC (Creative Labs Voice)
- MPA (MPEG-2 Audio File)
- MP2 (MPEG Layer II Compressed Audio File)