Document management reinvented. DEVONthink Pro Office is your Mac paperless office. It stores all your documents, helps you keep them organized, and presents you with what you need to get the job done.
- Keep your data together in one place
- Scan your paper, archive your email
- Let artificial intelligence help you file your data
- Sync your data to all your devices, fast and secure
- Share your data with anyone, whether they use Mac or PC
Get organized, effortlessly
- DEVONthink keeps your valuable data organized and presents it in the way you want.
- DEVONthink keeps all your information in one easytobackup database, and presents it to you in a variety of ways optimized to your work style. Multiple views help you quickly navigate your data.
- Many documents can be viewed and edited inline, without resorting to Quick Look or opening another app. Read webpages as if they were local documents.
Be more productive
- Don’t fight the information flood by yourself. DEVONthink is smart and actively assists you with its builtin artificial intelligence.
- Let DEVONthink automatically file new documents for you based on how you filed similar documents. Later, the advanced search function retrieves the documents that you need for your task, while smart groups present related data together. Quickly find similar documents using keywords extracted from the document and the unique “See also” function.
Create something new
- It’s not about data, it’s about creating something meaningful from it. DEVONthink is your information power tool.
- Collect, analyze, summarize, write: With DEVONthink you have all you need in one app that actively supports your workflow. View all your data in one place, use our innovative approach to tags to quickly organize documents, and write in the enhanced rich text editor. Use manual or automatic Wikistyle links to effortlessly crossreference your work.
- DEVONthink’s two full screen modes help you stay focused, while smart templates are a great starting point for new documents.
Your data, no boundaries
- Wherever your data comes from and whatever you want to do with it, DEVONthink provides you with the best tools and as much metadata as possible.
- Store your documents in the selfcontained database or simply reference them by using the index feature. Clip data from other apps with just a keystroke, adding it to the GTD®like inbox for later filing, or take notes with the Take Note panel or the Dashboard widget. Browser extensions, the Services menu, and the Sorter panel integrate DEVONthink with your workflow.
- Send links to your documents to any app which handles web addresses (URLs), e.g. OmniFocus or Mail, or export your documents in their original file format. DEVONthink doesn’t hold your data hostage.
Keep everything in sync — fast, robust, and secure
- Use your databases on all your Macs, iPads, and iPhones. Collaborate in your team. It’s ultrafast, super robust, and strong encryption keeps prying eye out.
- Sync your data directly on the local network, via WebDAV or Dropbox, or using just anything mountable, e.g. a USB stick or SD card. You decide what data is synced, when, and to which locations. Full AES 256 bit encryption keep everyone out who you don’t want to let in. Your data belongs to you, not to your service provider or us.
- Carry your important data with you all the time with DEVONthink To Go 2 (available soon). Use the same database on all your team’s Macs but let everyone work independently by regularly synchronizing new work on the local network, an NAS, or internetbased file service.
The Pro advantage
- DEVONthink grows with your needs. DEVONthink Pro and Pro Office support your personal work style with many advanced options.
- Use separate databases for each project, and let automatic grouping create order from chaos. Add RSS feeds to your database to automatically import new articles, or download and archive full websites. The concordance gives you a realtime analysis of your data.
- AppleScript support, Automator actions, and scriptdriven smart templates let you integrate DEVONthink with other software. The sky’s the limit!
Requirements: Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.8.5 or later
Web Site: http://devontechnologies.com/
What’s New in DEVONthink Pro Office 2.10
- New script “Mail Rule – File messages and attachments hierarchically” for Apple Mail.
- New script “Add mailbox(es) and attachments to DEVONthink” for Apple Mail.
- Added the ability to add PDF pages by dropping images onto the thumbnail sidebar of PDF documents (macOS 10.11 or newer).
- Added Support for iCloud syncing, compatible with macOS and iOS editions of DEVONthink.
- Added option Preferences > Sync > On Quit or Deactivation.
- Improved the scanner interface, adding options for disconnecting and disabling or clearing the last settings used.
- Improved reporting of the file size of groups and tags. Tagged files and replicants are only counted once.
- Improved reliability of importing and indexing.
- Improved handling of RSS feeds.
- Improved auto-completion of tags by allowing the use of aliases.
- Improved See Also and classification of bookmarks.
- Improved handling and indexing of EPUB files.
- Improved reliability of Yojimbo import.
- Improved playback of video and audio files accessed in Safari or Google Chrome through the web server.
- Increased the timeout when using authentication with the web server.
- Improved drag-and-drop support of the Download Manager.
- Improved AppleScript support.
- Improved reliability of Scripts > Export > Daily Backup Archive.
- DEVONthink Pro Office > Install-Add-Ons > Application Scripts renamed to Script Menu Extra Scripts.
- Improved localization of items in the Scripts menu.
- Improved filtering and display of emails when using File > Import > Email.
- Search results honor now Preferences > Email > Messages > Use alternate view. NOTE:Only the alternate view supports highlighting of occurrences.
- Improved exporting a Unix mailbox (see menu File > Export), requiring less memory and operating up to 60 times faster.
- Improved sending of bookmarks by email. The title and the URL are sent instead of attaching the bookmark.
- Improved logging in the case of errors when importing from Apple Mail.
- Improved Markdown rendering so unstyled images scale to the window’s width by default.
- Improved image views and PDF thumbnail generation.
- Improved compatibility of PDF files captured with WebSnapper Pro.
- Creator of clipped PDF documents is now “Clip to DEVONthink”.
- Improved VoiceOver support.
- Check For Updates is now renamed to Checking For Updates or Update On Quit depending on the current progress. In addition, choosing this menu item displays now also an informational window in case of a pending automatic update.
- A warning is now logged if the obsolete “ClickToFlash.webplugin” is installed, as it can cause various issues.
- The Log panel isn’t shown immediately anymore, except for reporting critical issues.
- Modernized the appearance of the Support Assistant.
- Webarchives are checked for compatibility before rendering them.
- Improved security of URLs linking to our servers, using SSL/TLS.
- Updated Sparkle and SkimNotes framework.
- Improved overall stability and reliability.
- Quitting is delayed until ongoing synchronizations are finished. Quitting a second time terminates the app immediately.
- Revised menus and template names in Preferences > Sync.
- Improved compatibility to WebDAV servers, including macOS and nginx servers.
- Improved cancelling the import of databases from sync stores when sufficient local disk space is not available.
- Improved battery and CPU usage while syncing is idle.
- Improved handling of pending items, especially when using multiple sync locations.
- Improved error logging and handling especially in case of no more disk space.
- Improved garbage collection in sync stores.
- Improved overall reliability, performance, and multi-threading.
- Fixed an issue related to indexing PDF form data (macOS Sierra and later).
- Fixed an issue where adding tag groups to the Favorites displayed a generic group icon.
- Fixed an issue where cancelling an import using the option to move files, via ⌘ Command-dragging, could cause files to be moved to the trash.
- Fixed an issue where “Lookup in Dictionary” was inconsistently shown in the context menu of PDF views (macOS High Sierra).
- Fixed an issue where importing email messages could cause the application to freeze (macOS High Sierra).
- Fixed an issue where importing from Apple Notes would attempt to import obsolete attachments.
- Fixed an issue where looping playback of movies wasn’t supported.
- Fixed an issue where missing external files would be immediately removed when selected, causing them to disappear.
- Fixed an issue where performing OCR on a tagged document could relocate the resulting file.
- Fixed an issue where tags containing commas, specified in Clip to DEVONthink, created separate tags.
- Fixed an issue where the “reveal” parameter of item links was only supported from external apps.
- Fixed an issue where the Sorter did not retain the date of dropped email messages.
- Fixed an issue where the video playing in the Support Assistant wouldn’t stop after closing the window.
- Fixed an issue where the window title wasn’t updated when zooming images via shortcuts or gestures.
- Fixed an issue with indexing files and folder being synced with the Resilio.
- Fixed miscellaneous minor interface glitches.
- Fixed crash after trying to download multiple files from the webserver.
- Fixed a rare crash after e.g. adding results from DEVONagent to DEVONthink or executing a script while another process showing the progress indicator was still busy.
- Fixed an issue where the UUID of shared groups wasn’t synchronized.
- Fixed an issue where Bonjour connections could time out.
- Fixed an issue where paths of attached scripts were not synchronized as relative paths.
- Fixed a rare crash with Bonjour connections.
- Removed sync support for DEVONthink To Go 1.x. In addition, new databases don’t contain a Mobile Sync group anymore.
- Removed Quick Look support for iChat files on macOS High Sierra. It is only used for indexed files on older macOS versions.
- Removed the option to install the Dashboard widget from Install Add-Ons.
- Removed the obsolete option Install Add-Ons > Script Menu Extra > DEVONthink Pro Scripts.
- Removed the obsolete Scripts > Feeds > Apple Hotnews.
- Removed iCloud Drive sync capabilities; replaced by iCloud synchronization.