Document management reinvented. DEVONthink Pro Office is your Mac paperless office. It stores all your documents, helps you keep them organized, and presents you with what you need to get the job done.
- Keep your data together in one place
- Scan your paper, archive your email
- Let artificial intelligence help you file your data
- Sync your data to all your devices, fast and secure
- Share your data with anyone, whether they use Mac or PC
Get organized, effortlessly
- DEVONthink keeps your valuable data organized and presents it in the way you want.
- DEVONthink keeps all your information in one easytobackup database, and presents it to you in a variety of ways optimized to your work style. Multiple views help you quickly navigate your data.
- Many documents can be viewed and edited inline, without resorting to Quick Look or opening another app. Read webpages as if they were local documents.
Be more productive
- Don’t fight the information flood by yourself. DEVONthink is smart and actively assists you with its builtin artificial intelligence.
- Let DEVONthink automatically file new documents for you based on how you filed similar documents. Later, the advanced search function retrieves the documents that you need for your task, while smart groups present related data together. Quickly find similar documents using keywords extracted from the document and the unique “See also” function.
Create something new
- It’s not about data, it’s about creating something meaningful from it. DEVONthink is your information power tool.
- Collect, analyze, summarize, write: With DEVONthink you have all you need in one app that actively supports your workflow. View all your data in one place, use our innovative approach to tags to quickly organize documents, and write in the enhanced rich text editor. Use manual or automatic Wikistyle links to effortlessly crossreference your work.
- DEVONthink’s two full screen modes help you stay focused, while smart templates are a great starting point for new documents.
Your data, no boundaries
- Wherever your data comes from and whatever you want to do with it, DEVONthink provides you with the best tools and as much metadata as possible.
- Store your documents in the selfcontained database or simply reference them by using the index feature. Clip data from other apps with just a keystroke, adding it to the GTD®like inbox for later filing, or take notes with the Take Note panel or the Dashboard widget. Browser extensions, the Services menu, and the Sorter panel integrate DEVONthink with your workflow.
- Send links to your documents to any app which handles web addresses (URLs), e.g. OmniFocus or Mail, or export your documents in their original file format. DEVONthink doesn’t hold your data hostage.
Keep everything in sync — fast, robust, and secure
- Use your databases on all your Macs, iPads, and iPhones. Collaborate in your team. It’s ultrafast, super robust, and strong encryption keeps prying eye out.
- Sync your data directly on the local network, via WebDAV or Dropbox, or using just anything mountable, e.g. a USB stick or SD card. You decide what data is synced, when, and to which locations. Full AES 256 bit encryption keep everyone out who you don’t want to let in. Your data belongs to you, not to your service provider or us.
- Carry your important data with you all the time with DEVONthink To Go 2 (available soon). Use the same database on all your team’s Macs but let everyone work independently by regularly synchronizing new work on the local network, an NAS, or internetbased file service.
The Pro advantage
- DEVONthink grows with your needs. DEVONthink Pro and Pro Office support your personal work style with many advanced options.
- Use separate databases for each project, and let automatic grouping create order from chaos. Add RSS feeds to your database to automatically import new articles, or download and archive full websites. The concordance gives you a realtime analysis of your data.
- AppleScript support, Automator actions, and scriptdriven smart templates let you integrate DEVONthink with other software. The sky’s the limit!
Requirements: Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.8.5 or later
Web Site: http://devontechnologies.com/
What’s New in DEVONthink Pro Office 2.10.2
This release brings some fixes for macOS Mojave, as well as improvements in performance and reliability. We updated the HUDs (like the group selector and Take Note panel), as well as fixing visual artifacts in some menus and the scanning interface. Evernote checkboxes and EPUB metadata are now better supported. The web server has been updated to use more modern technologies and makes better use of fast network connections. An updated and renamed Apple Mail plugin is included to fit the tighter controls Apple has put on using Mail plugins. Also, mailbox files with DOS style line break, like Postbox exports, can now be imported
- Added Preferences > Web > Images > Scale images to fit for scaling (large) images to fit
- Added support for receiving and doing OCR on scans from Fujitsu’s new ScanSnap Home application
- Go > Next/Previous Highlight only uses search hits or highlighted text, but not both; this makes it easier to jump to search hits in rich text documents containing highlighted text
- Checkboxes in imported Evernote notes are now preserved
- Improved support for EPUB metadata
- Improved installing the Apple Mail plugin on macOS Mojave (see DEVONthink Pro Office > Install Addons). Note: The plugin has to be enabled afterwards via Apple Mail > Preferences > General > Manage Plugins
- Renamed the DEVONthink Mail plugin as the name is now visible in Apple Mail’s preferences on macOS Mojave
- Improved importing mailbox (MBOX) files using DOS instead of Unix line breaks (e.g. created by Postbox)
- Improved handling of temporary files; speeds up importing email and from Yojimbo
- Improved support for draganddrop from thirdparty apps like Tinderbox
- Improved and modernized the webserver, including multithreaded networking for better performance
- Much faster updating of Finder comments of files and folders (macOS El Capitan and later)
- Improved overall reliability and stability
- Remote databases can now be imported in Preferences > Sync by doubleclicking them
- Improved performance when handling indexed files, especially those on unmounted volumes
- Improved the progress indication and logging while and after verifying and cleaning databases of sync stores
- Improved reliability of Bonjour connections
- Improved reliability, stability, and performance
- Fixed visual artifacts in some panels, e.g. Clip to DEVONthink and Take Note, and menus (macOS Mojave)
- Fixed visual artifacts in the scanning interface (macOS Mojave)
- Fixed visual artifacts when handling PDF link annotations (macOS Mojave)
- Fixed an issue where the “score” AppleScript property always returned 0
- Fixed an issue where scanning with Epson scanners didn’t always work
- Fixed an issue where the left arrow key didn’t work as expected in list and outline views
- Fixed a rare crash related to email archiving
- Fixed a rare crash related to PDF documents
- Fixed a rare crash on quitting the application while the Support Assistant was visible
- Fixed a rare crash possibly related to memory management
- Fixed an issue where generating the list of available databases could consume too many resources
- Fixed an issue related to iCloud Drive not being available or enabled
- Fixed a crash related to no disk space available on the startup disk
- Removed sync location templates for MagentaCLOUD (unreliable) and Box.com (will drop WebDAV support on January 1st 2019). This doesn’t affect existing sync stores but migrating to other services soon is highly recommended