|Name||DEVONthink Pro Server 3.04 mac-torrent-download.net.zip|
|Created on||2020-02-02 16:52:51|
|Files||DEVONthink Pro Server 3.04 mac-torrent-download.net.zip (105.6 MB)|
DEVONthink is DEVONtechnologies’ document and information management solution. It supports a large variety of file formats and stores them in a database enhanced by artificial intelligence (AI). Many document formats can be directly viewed, edited, and annotated. A powerful search language finds documents in an instant, smart groups keep them always at hand.
Sophisticated organization tools, AI-based techniques that handle even the largest collections, and numerous integration options make DEVONthink the work environment of choice for researchers, lawyers, and educators. Smart rules, flexible reminders, and deep AppleScript support allow automating even complex repeating tasks. And with its fast, reliable, and secure synchronization users keep their data available on all their Macs. DEVONthink To Go for iPad and iPhone completes the DEVONthink ecosystem.
DEVONthink Pro 3 Features:
- Keeps your data together
- Scans your paper
- Archives your email
- Assists you with A.I.
- Syncs your data securely
- Automates repeating tasks
- Lets you share your data
As the most obvious change, DEVONthink 3 brings a completely overhauled single-window interface including support for dark mode. The extended sidebar gives you access to your databases, favorites, smart groups, smart rules, and filters as well as to a new reading list, import options, and more. Inspectors present metadata about documents and groups, offer AI assistance, and let you set reminders or search within the document.
Capturing text, audio, and voice notes, screenshots, or web clippings becomes much easier with the redesigned Sorter. More subtle are the numerous changes to the search engine which now better supports Asian languages, indexes also PDF and RTF attachments, and highlights search hits more precisely. Its enhanced search language allow you to use prefixes to run complex searches without touching the mouse. Focus the displayed items on tags, dates, marks, or geolocation using filters.
Office & Teamwork
If you’re working in an office environment DEVONthink 3 brings you a new 64-bit optimized OCR engine that supports multiple CPU cores, Asian languages, barcode detection, and multiple output formats. Add custom imprints to images and PDFs including placeholder text and Bates numbering.
The rewritten web interface gives your coworkers or clients access to your databases even when they’re not using a Mac. User accounts and per-database permissions let you define what web visitors see and can do. TLS support makes sure all connections are encrypted.
Other improvements include geolocation metadata, ratings, and custom, typed metadata that you can add to all documents and, of course, search. When importing documents, you can let DEVONthink convert metadata to tags, and tag images automatically using machine learning.
Markdown and HTML documents can be edited side-by-side with a rendered preview, sheets with tabular data support specific data types and have a form view. Formatting and editing bars keep frequently used tools at hand and adding cross-references has become more versatile with improved WikiLinking and support for the square bracked syntax. DEVONthink 3 now also supports EPUB ebooks and, useful for research, collects highlighted search hits and metadata for you into summary documents.
Last but not least, we have massively extended DEVONthink’s automation options for version 3. Smart rules perform actions based on events and search queries, where events can be anything from a scheduled time to the arrival of a newly imported document. You can also attach one-time or repeating reminders to any document. They support several alarm options including running scripts. Insert dynamic data in templates, imprints, or smart rules without requiring any programming skills.
Of course, DEVONthink 3 brings also many under-the-hood enhancements. To name just a few: better file system integration for indexed files, better background processing, e.g. for email archiving, indexing, or generating thumbnails, and an improved overall performance.
- OS X 10.8.5 or later, Intel, 64-bit processor,
- Web Site
- Developer Website
What’s New in DEVONthink Pro 3.04
This release brings more refinements and bug fixes to DEVONthink. The enhanced dark mode allows for disabling dark mode only for documents and items can be accessed much faster through the Go > Go To, Data > Move To, and Edit > Insert > Link To popovers. Indexing and syncing indexed files has been improved, too, even with items located in iCloud, and so has the overall performance and reliability.
- Added Use dark background for documents option to Preferences > General > Appearance, enabled by default.
- Added a button to the Data > Move To popover to allow creating new groups quickly.
- Search results are now always sorted by score by default. The former behavior can be enabled by setting the hidden preference PersistentSortingOfSearchResults.
- Notifications inform about new extras available in the Extras sidebar.
- Scans from the Brother iPrint & Scan software are now recognized and run through OCR on demand.
- Option-clicking words in document windows now performs a search in the frontmost main window.
- The contextual menus in document windows now support the same search-related commands found in main windows.
- Moving items no longer fail if items with the same UUID, type, and size already exist at the destination; replicants are added instead.
- The Exclude subgroups option of smart groups and smart rules can now be used when targeting the root of a database.
- The Navigate sidebar now scrolls to selected item automatically, if necessary, e.g., after using Go > Go To.
- If the option View > Show Only Documents is enabled, the Group, Smart Group, or Feed commands in the Data > New menu are now performed in the Navigate sidebar. These commands are disabled if the sidebar is invisible.
- Tooltips explain the labels of the Info > Custom inspector and in the form views of sheets.
- Dropping image files from the Finder into Markdown documents adds now valid Markdown links to them.
- Tools > Create Expense Report now supports groups, smart groups, and feeds having the required custom metadata.
- It is now possible to tab into the list of Go > Go To, Data > Move To, and Edit > Insert > Link popovers and use the arrow keys for navigating, e.g., expanding and collapsing groups.
- The Reading List now honors the Double-click opens documents externally option in Preferences > General.
- Shortcut keys in Preferences > Sorter are now validated so already used key combinations are disallowed.
- If a volume containing an open database is unexpectedly unmounted, the database will be closed and an error logged to Windows > Log.
- Scripts now block the synchronization to alleviate errors from longer running scripted tasks.
- The Sorter checks if it has permissions to access the camera and logs an error if not.
- Bookmarks and feeds are now always automatically named, if necessary, e.g., after adding an unnamed bookmark via the Sorter when using the sharing extension.
- Tags are now automatically updated after renaming an item if the option Convert hashtags to tags in Preferences > Import > Tags is enabled.
- Updated Chrome and Firefox browser extensions support 竚倪㌃C again.
- Improved highlighting in formatted notes via Format > Highlight while in dark mode.
- Improved dark mode support of rich text documents, e.g., for code copied from Xcode, after changing text colors to white and black or using strike through.
- The extended attribute kMDItemWhereFroms of indexed or exported items is set to the item’s URL. Additionally, the Download Manager (Pro edition) sets this attribute on downloaded items.
- Printing rich text documents or converting them to PDF now retains the formatting of links.
- Improved importing and indexing of files and folders located in cloud folders, especially of items in iCloud Drive without local copies.
- The embedded script editor of smart rules and reminders now displays error messages at the bottom of the window and selects the range causing the error.
- Improved “Check Links” and “Download Bibliographic Metadata” smart rule scripts so they don’t display error alerts which are not recommended for smart rules.
- The scripts Add as Event to Calendar and Add as To Do to Reminders in the Scripts > Reminders menu now support custom dates.
- The “selected text” AppleScript property now supports selected text in the source view of HTML and Markdown documents while viewing in side-by-side mode.
- Setting the “selection” AppleScript property now works in toolbar search results.
- Improved responsiveness while handling indexed folders on network volumes.
- Improved caching of smart group and smart rule results.
- Improved overall performance in the Go > Go To, Data > Move To, and Edit > Insert > Link popovers.
- Improved conversion of automatic Wiki links in Markdown documents for previewing or converting is about 50 times faster.
- Improved preprocessing of emojis in Markdown documents before previewing, exporting, or converting large Markdown documents could stall the application and is now about 600 times faster.
- Improved conversion of rich text and formatted notes retains line breaks.
- Improved compatibility to OPML files containing comments.
- The default encoding for HTML files without a charset is now UTF-8 instead of ISO-Latin-1.
- Improved encoding in sheets, e.g. in metadata overviews.
- Improved compatibility when third-party software has modified the operating system’s behavior.
- Improved error handling in case of encrypted databases located in the trash or in cloud folders.
- Entering metadata for incoming scanned files no longer inhibits OCR of other documents. An update to the OCR resources is required.
- The PDF preview in the metadata panel after OCR now uses the display and data detector settings of the preferences.
- OCR issues are now logged to Windows > Log instead of showing an alert.
- Preferences > Server now includes a guest user by default.
- Garbage collection of sync stores is now performed immediately after uploading changes. This may avoid unnecessary and possibly large downloads on other devices and also to free up disk and cloud space more efficiently.
- Improved handling of indexed items in cloud folders.
- Improved downloading pending items from sync stores.
- Improved reliability of iCloud upload monitoring.
- Improved reliability of Bonjour syncs.
- More reliable handling of status files.
- Fixed a crash related to changing dates via the keyboard in the Info filter pane.
- Fixed a rare crash when using autocompletion of square bracket WikiLinks.
- Fixed a rare crash when viewing toolbar search results in column view.
- Fixed an issue with deleting custom metadata values in List view.
- Fixed an issue with Finder comments or annotations in the Annotations & Reminders inspector not being saved after switching to the Tags bar and entering tags.
- Fixed an issue with flashing windows when viewing images (macOS Catalina).
- Fixed an issue with newly created items that couldn’t be renamed in Icon view.
- Fixed an issue with rotating or flipping a PNG image using an indexed color palette by disabling these options on the affected versions of macOS (macOS El Capitan through Mojave).
- Fixed an issue with searching, especially searching for Asian characters.
- Fixed an issue with the Search inspector and search highlighting not being updated after switching between various smart groups and smart rules containing the same items.
- Fixed an issue with the Edit > Copy Item Link command not working with items selected in the Navigate sidebar.
- Fixed an issue with the sidebar when renaming groups in the Navigate sidebar (macOS Sierra through High Sierra).
- Fixed an issue with the unread state of new items created by Sorter.
- Fixed an issue with validating the Tools > Summarize Highlights menu items.
- Fixed an issue where Go > Back didn’t work after opening PDF documents.
- Fixed an issue where DEVONthink could freeze after dragging a bookmark folder from Safari to DEVONthink.
- Fixed an issue where adding web pages or search results to DEVONthink beeped unnecessarily.
- Fixed an issue where the Navigation bar and text view of Markdown documents were not updated after locking and unlocking documents in side-by-side mode.
- Fixed an issue where the Start Server command was available in the Dock menu of the Standard and Pro editions.
- Fixed an issue where the global inbox couldn’t be renamed in the Navigate sidebar if Preferences > General > Sidebar > Unify inboxes was enabled.
- Fixed an issue where the playback controls of audio files were not visible (macOS Catalina).
- Fixed a crash related to importing UNIX .mbox files.
- Fixed a crash of OCR when converting records to searchable PDF.
- Fixed an issue with moving items to a new binder in the Imports section of Image Capture sidebar.
- Fixed an issue with OCR that could adversely affect file sizes, file dates, and annotations.
- Fixed an issue with OCR where jobs were not removed from scanning queue after an import failure.
- Fixed an issue with the dark mode appearance of buttons in the Download Manager.
- Fixed an issue where loading .p12 files in Preferences > Server didn’t prompt for a password.
- Fixed a rare crash when syncing with Dropbox.
- Fixed a crash related to broken sync status files.
- Fixed an issue with downloading pending items.
- Fixed an issue where a Bonjour sync could sometime freeze the application.