|Name||DEVONagent Pro 3.9.6 [c].zip|
|Created on||2017-05-14 06:34:36|
|Files||DEVONagent Pro 3.9.6 [c].zip (29.26 MB)|
Name: DEVONagent Pro
Release Date: May 11, 2017
Languages: English, French, German
Developer: DEVONtechnologies, LLC
MAS Rating: 17+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.9 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Web Site: http://www.devontechnologies.com/redirect.php?id=product-da
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/devonagent-pro/id450113817?mt=12
DEVONagent Pro helps you search more efficiently on the web. It searches multiple sources, frees you from hunting for the really relevant results, and gives you power tools for your research.
YOUR PERSONAL META SEARCH ENGINE
DEVONagent Pro is not a simple web search engine interface. It knows how to talk to search engines — and how to squeeze the best out of them.
DEVONagent connects to as many search engines as you want, collects the data, and weeds out the junk that managed to slip through. It also scans your favorite websites and notifies you when it finds something that matches your query. It can even do all of this while you're sleeping; the results will be ready before you pour your first cup of coffee.
GET THE GOOD STUFF, SKIP THE JUNK
DEVONagent Pro is all about filtering what you don't want and giving you the best tools to find more of what you really want.
DEVONagent Pro doesn't simply trust the search engines. It filters all returned results again, allowing you to use advanced Boolean operators, proximity operators, and wildcards of unlimited complexity — something no single search engine allows you to do. DEVONagent's "scanners" can even find e.g. thumbnail galleries or linked PDF or Office documents for you. When you've found what you're looking but want a little more detail, the unique See Also list contains related pages from elsewhere in the search results, online and even from DEVONthink Pro.
THE INFORMATION YOU WANT, THE WAY YOU WANT
View the results as a list or as a smart text summary, and explore them with the topics map. Unread results are marked with a blue dot so that you don't miss the one important piece of information you're looking for. Finally, for viewing web pages there's DEVONagent Pro's specialized web browser. Extract images, RSS feeds, links, email addresses, even linked documents and save them for reference or reuse.
The integrated DEVONagent Express menu extra adds the power of DEVONagent to your menu bar and lets you run even complex searches with a single click.
SAVE YOUR RESEARCH AND COME BACK LATER
Research is not only about finding, it's about collecting data, sharing it, and using it to create something meaningful. DEVONagent Pro exports your filtered and trimmed-to-the-max research results in a variety of formats, from a simple list of bookmarks to comprehensive RTF digests and PDF reports. The searchable archive keeps them for later reference, or you can send your results to DEVONthink. You can save your search and continue later on, or even share it with others via email.
HOW DEVONAGENT PRO CAN HELP YOUR RESEARCH
Researchers: Stay up-to-date on your subject with scheduled searches. Search through specialized online databases, scan important web sites, and get smart summaries. Extract the key facts using DEVONagent Pro's research-centric web browser.
Students/Educators: Find better course materials faster, with DEVONagent Pro weed out the chaff. Cite references for your papers and extract images and lists of links with a single click. Save interesting results in DEVONagent's archive or in DEVONthink.
Journalists: Keep an eye on as many other information sources as you like and dig deeper into the subject you are writing about. Use the smart See Also function to learn more about the article you're reading. Save a search and return to it later if you get interrupted.
Lawyers: Search LexisWeb and FindLaw efficiently with advanced Boolean operations, and use See Also to find related data with a single click. Export comprehensive reports, or save the results for future reference in DEVONagent’s archive or in DEVONthink.
What's New in Version 3.9.6:
This maintenance release adds new plugins for the privacy-focused search engine StartPage as well as for searching PDFs with Google. Version 3.9.6 improves sending results to DEVONthink, revises searching in the built-in archive, and adds usability and security enhancements. It also better handles dates and refines support for Google Chrome bookmarks.
NOTE: Starting with this release DEVONagent Pro requires OS X Mavericks or later.
- "Google (PDF)" and "StartPage" plugins added. Tip: Use CoverFlow to scan all found PDF documents easily.
- "Browsers > DEVONthink databases" plugin added; scans all web sites bookmarked in the currently opened DEVONthink databases.
- Contextual menu added to tabs.
- Option Window > Search Sets > Actions > Destination added for choosing a destination group (requires DEVONthink 2.9.11 or later running concurrently).
- Options "Formatted Note" and "Markdown" added to "Data > Add to DEVONthink" and to contextual and action menus of search, browser and archive windows (the "Markdown" option requires the upcoming DEVONthink 2.9.12).
- Plugins updated: "DuckDuckGo", "Computer Science > ACM Digital Library", "Medical > PubMed", "References > SEC", "Science > IEEE Xplore", "Social Networking > Twitter".
- Plugin "Browsers > DEVONthink Pro Office" renamed to "DEVONthink server".
- Plugins updated (available via "Support Assistant"): "Stack Overflow (Tags)", "Last.fm Similar Artists Search".
- Searching in results and in the archive revised; the "All" options find any entered word in any part of the metadata. This is closer to matching of web pages while crawling and to the behaviour of Spotlight.
- "See Also" and bookmarks support also DEVONthink Personal.
- Revised "View" toolbar item of "Search" windows makes it easier to switch views.
- Web views support zooming via gestures.
- Plugin menus use localized names if available.
- Tabs bars use standard icons for "Close" and "Add" buttons.
- Better naming of groups automatically created after adding browser pages to the archive.
- Automatically generated or proposed filenames avoid characters not supported on Windows.
- "File results to DEVONthink" script updated.
- AppleScript support.
- Plugin API extended with new, optional 'FileTypes' key.
- Retrieving of dates improved if neither the metadata nor the server returned a date for a result.
- Date of search results doesn't abbreviate the year anymore.
- Date parser improved.
- Credentials of URLs are no longer displayed or included in exported data anymore; the "Sites" tab of the "Search Sets" panel displays the credentials only while editing the URL.
- Better PDF support on macOS Sierra.
- Better support for Google Chrome bookmarks.
- "Help > Report Bug" provides more information.
- Icon and image caching optimized; speeds up, e.g., drawing tabs bars.
- Matching of query terms optimized.
- German localization updated.
- Better check for updates.
- Better console logging.
- Better overall reliability and performance.
- Crash related to the browser address bar when bookmarks of other browsers are used.
- Issue where DEVONagent Pro logged some harmless console messages on macOS Sierra.
- Issue where plugins outside of Application Support folder but not inside application package couldn't be edited.
- Issue where searches in results or in the archive using proximity operators with wildcards returned inaccurate results.
- Issue where the contextual menu of archive windows didn't include all "Add to DEVONthink" options.
- Issue where the preview popup of inactive tabs containing online PDF documents didn't work on latest macOS releases.
- Issue where the sorting of archive views wasn't persistent.
- Issue where trying to drag tabs could close them or create new ones.