Default Folder X 5.3.5
Default Folder X attaches a toolbar to the right side of the Open and Save dialogs in any OS X-native application. The toolbar gives you fast access to various folders and commands. You just click on the buttons to go to your favorite and recently used folders, manage the folders and files shown in the list, and make changes to your settings. It also fixes a number of problems in Open and Save dialogs, “rebounding” to the last selected file, putting the path listing back in the top menu, and correcting bugs in scrolling column views.
- Directory assistant: You can access the contents of your recent, favorite, and open folders right from Default Folder X’s toolbar.
- Real time saving: If you’re constantly saving things inside the same folder, Default Folder X can remember that folder for you.
- Finder management: Default Folder X lets you open up or save to any Finder window with a single click.
- Instant Recall: To help you quickly return to folders you’ve recently used, Default Folder X remembers them for you.
- Spotlight on the spot: Default Folder X lets you add Spotlight keywords, OpenMeta tags, and Finder labels on the spot, while you’re still in the Save dialog.
- Information central: With Default Folder X you get previews below every Open dialog, expanded to fill the available space. Need to see more detail? Click on the image and it zooms up to full size.
- Workflow without work: Rather than make you learn and set up a new application, Default Folder X blends into OS X.
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later 64-bit
Web Site: http://www.stclairsoft.com/DefaultFolderX/index.html
What’s New in Default Folder X 5.3.5
- Default Folder X works correctly in the Save dialog of Mojave’s enhanced screenshot utility (CommandShift5).
- You can now search folders with HoudahSpot and send results from HoudahSpot to waiting file dialogs. The latter requires the upcoming HoudahSpot 5.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the wrong file to be chosen if you selected a file from the Recent Files menu that the current application couldn’t open.
- Default Folder X will no longer hide its controls when LaunchBar’s quick entry window pops up. This allows you to run AppleScripts from LaunchBar that use Default Folder X’s scripting commands.
- Clicking on the ‘+’ icon in Default Folder X’s Finder drawer now adds the currently selected item from the associated Finder or Path Finder window.
- Fixed the popup previews in the Finder drawer so they enlarge properly and display the names of items correctly in Dark Mode.
- Default Folder X’s Finder drawer will no longer get in the way of the Finder’s tagging popup.
- Corrected interface glitches that occurred when removing items from the Finder drawer.
- Fixed a problem with the Finder drawer hiding itself when you dragged a file in Path Finder.
- Open and Save sheets that span the entire width of the screen will no longer cause Default Folder X to stall.
- Default Folder X’s folder switching is more reliable when used with third party keyboard and mouse drivers.
- Fixed problems when Default Folder X is used with some third party mice that have more than 3 buttons.
- The alert requesting permission to control the Finder is now more userfriendly.
- Fixed a number of userinterface and VoiceOver issues.
- Corrected compatibility issues with CopyPaste Pro.