Descriptions for Description
Name: Day One
Release Date: April 25, 2017
Languages: English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
Developer: Bloom Built Inc
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.11 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Includes: K'ed (TNT)
Web Site: http://dayoneapp.com
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/day-one/id1055511498?mt=12
App Store Best of 2016.
Now with Touch Bar support! Capture life as you live it. From once-in-a-lifetime events to everyday moments, Day One's elegant interface makes journaling about your life a simple pleasure.
With Day One 2.0, we're proud to provide Day One Sync — a fast, free, and secure service for syncing your data between all your devices. Day One Sync lays the foundation for many new features: a web app, an IFTTT channel, private-key encryption, and more. In tandem with Day One Sync, you can also use iCloud for backups.
“Day One, our favorite way to journal with your Apple devices, just got a huge update. Rebuilt from the ground up, the plethora of features that made Day One so great are still present.” — The Sweet Setup
- All-new user interface
- Multiple Photos per entry (up to ten inline photos)
- Multiple Journals (up to ten journals with unique colors and names)
- Day One Sync 2.0
- Photo View
- Custom Reminders
- Entry Management (select, move, tag, and delete multiple entries at a time)
- Timeline Filters (star, tags, location, year, activity, and music)
- Timezone Support
- Multiple Window support
- Single and Dual Pane Modes
- Redesigned PDF export
- Gesture support
“It's hard to make the best even better, but the sequel to Day One lives up to expectations—and then some.” — App Store Editor's Choice
- Automatic metadata (location, weather, motion activity, step count, and music)
- Tags and Stars
- Export to PDF with smart filters
- Share Extension
- Shortcut keys
- Markdown Editor
“The new Day One has a slicker design, a much bigger emphasis on photos, and a handful of new ways to filter your journal to see entries from a certain place or time or from a specific topic.” — Wired Magazine
Day One 2.0: dayoneapp.com/faq2
Day One Sync: dayoneapp.com/sync-faq
For technical assistance or other inquiries, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 2.1.8:
- Drag-and-drop photos functionality for entries and Timeline in read mode.
- .txt, .text, and .md files can be dragged on Day One's Dock icon for importing.
- Calendar View: Tapping Calendar button again auto scrolls back to current date; clicking a date splits the view to display entries; use arrow keys to navigate the calendar.
- CMD-click to select multiple journals.
- Better timezone support.
- More frequent background saving of entries in edit mode (every 20-30 seconds).
- Long journal names truncated as needed.
- Faster display of results when searching for locations.
- Overall performance improvements.
- Multi-select view limited to 2 columns.
- Can't right-click on Journal Name.
- Timeline and Photos options in View menu are greyed-out.
- CMD-2 keyboard shortcut doesn’t work if the right pane has focus.
- Rendering problems of text in the Timeline.
- Changing an entry's journal switches the Timeline's selected journal
- Editing location doesn't update entry map until entry is re-opened
- Multi-select grid view: Broken CSS and clicking entries don't open entries
- Menu Bar Agent > "Open Journal" doesn't open closed window
- Deleting an entry scrolls the Timeline to top
- Sorting options don't work in Calendar view. (They are now greyed out to indicate they are disabled.)
- Clicking checkbox causes entry to scroll to the top.
- Sorting changing to 'Oldest First.'
- Added padding to left pane so last item is scrollable and visible with smaller window sizes.
- Quick entry goes off-screen sometimes.
- Various crashes.