CryptoEdit is a simple, powerful, and secure application to create and edit documents which are encrypted by default. It can manage TEXT, RTF, and RTFD (with images) format. Documents saved to disk are always encrypted, and it is the ideal solution to manage reserved documents with formatted text and images.
CryptoEdit works as a normal simple word processor which can handle text and images. All the features available in a modern Cocoa-based, rich-text processor are available: text can be formatted using rules, and different fonts, styles, sizes, and colors; spell-checking is available in the user’s native language with full text search; and images can be inserted with drag-and-drop.
- Easy and simple
- Native for Cocoa
- Uses strong AES-256 algorithms
- Always saves as encrypted, helping you avoid security problems
- Full featured RTF editor with rulers, fonts, styles, unlimited number of documents and more
- Inserts images with a simple drag-and-drop.
- Can import from TEXT, RTF, and also from RTFD (Rich Text Format + embedded images)
- Can export documents as standard TEXT, RTF, RTFD (images included)
- Embedded images are also encrypted on Save
- Open and decrypt in a flash
- Can generate secure distributable documents
- Can add public notes visible without password for document general information
- Stable and strong solid
- Offers a menu services addition to all the applications
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later 64-bit
Web Site: http://www.tensionsoftware.com/osx/cryptoedit/
What’s New in CryptoEdit 2.2.1
- Fixed a problem using the application as a service
- Added ‘Open Default Document’ under the File menu
- Bug fixes
- Code optimizations