Cronette it’s a software to specify tasks to be launched automatically by the Mac.
It can be used on unattended Mac Servers or also on regular Mac workstations for batch unattended tasks to execute during the night or for recurring tasks to be performed on a regular basis.
Cronette provides different type of launch tasks and any task can be specified to launch different type of execution.
How it works in details:
- All the tasks inside Cronette are represented in a document table. The task is visualized in a master and details interface (the well know layout used in a multitude of Mac software, the user selects the task in the master table and he can see and edit details visualized under the table)
- User can insert in a document how many tasks he likes
- User can assign to a task a name and a note to recognize it
The user can select for a task to run, different time plan type:
- Daily: running at any day
- Weekly: specifying which day of any week to run
- Monthly: specifying which day of any month to run
- Yearly: specifying month and day to run
- Up to ten different time to run in the days of the daily/weekly/monthly/yearly plan
- To run at the document opening, if the daily/weekly/monthly/yearly plan matches with the current day and if the max run per day specified was not reached.
The last feature is useful to perform recurring activities as backups, report creations, emails sending and any other tasks you want to perform not based on time but as example when you shutdown your Mac and only in the days you specify
The user can select which action to perform when the task is launched
- Launch an application or a document
- Opening different type of URLs
- Insert a message into the log
- Executing unix commands directly from Cronette
- Copy a file or a folder
- Move a file or a folder
Cronette will launch the tasks in background when scheduled. No further actions required.
Cronette add to basic functionalities additional peculiarities:
- Allows to specify a task using Mac standard Cocoa controls (no coding required)
- Instant diagnostic of task as they are inserted, showing errors presence (wrong path, incomplete time execution input and so on..)
- Display of ‘runnable’ task and ‘non runnable’ task to better understand what you have inside documents
- Shows the chronological schedule for any separate task
- Shows the chronological schedule for all the tasks combined, inside a user selected time interval. The user can watch the future…
- Display executed process in a separate log Window for any documents
- It can create for copy or move files purpose, new folders where you like, assigning current, date dependant name with date tags (at time of the task execution) as example: 2017926BACKUP_FILES
Cronette It’s document based, allowing to have different tasks grouped in separate documents set
It can operate Cronette as a Utility tool simply using just one document and having it opened at startup without further actions (preference option)
Processes are launched using separate thread and the application never hangs even for very time consuming tasks
Includes a PDF user guide.
Cronette is macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) optimized
Requires macOS 10.10
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later 64-bit
Web Site: http://www.tensionsoftware.com/osx/cronette/
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/cronette/id415169603?mt=12
What’s New in Cronette 1.8
- Improved log output
- Improved result schedule with automatic update results at any applied changes to any settings
- Various bug fixes
- Optimized for macOS 10.13 (High Sierra)