Descriptions for Description
Name: CodeRunner 2
Release Date: February 25, 2017
Developer: Nikolai Krill
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.7 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Web Site: https://coderunnerapp.com
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/coderunner-2/id955297617?mt=12
Edit and run code in any programming language with just a single click. With CodeRunner, it has never been easier to write and test code, run scripts, work with algorithms, or simply experiment with a new coding or scripting language.
Run Your Code Instantly
• CodeRunner was built on the principle that you should be able to run your code instantly, in any language. CodeRunner can run code in 23 languages out-of-the-box, and can be easily extended to run code in any other language.
IDE-Level Code Completion
• Any programmer knows the importance of good code completion. That's why CodeRunner supports full-blown IDE-level code completion for many languages, that includes fuzzy-search, tab-selectable placeholders, and documentation snippets.
Debugging with Breakpoints
• New in CodeRunner 2.2, you can set breakpoints and step through code line by line. Just click the text margin to set a breakpoint and start debugging. Explore the call stack, view and edit local variables, and leverage the full power of the debugger by issuing debugger commands. Debugging code in any language has never been this convenient.
Supported Languages for Running Code
For a full list of supported languages and features, please visit coderunnerapp.com
What's New in Version 2.3:
● Support for the Touch Bar on the new MacBook Pro
● Improved state restoration; previously open windows, documents, and associated states are now fully restored between app launches
● New indentation preference makes it easy to set a preferred indentation without modifying each language configuration separately
● Smarter behavior of the tab and backspace keys when dealing with spaces-indentation
● Expanded support for character encodings, and improved automatic detection of encoding when opening documents
● Indentation of wrapped lines in the editor to reduce clutter
● Fixed an issue with debugging using GDB on macOS 10.12 Sierra
● Print now includes syntax highlighting and line numbers
● More neatly organized list of open documents under the Window menu and when right-clicking the Dock icon
● Ability to initiate running of code when right-clicking a tab
● Text find shows the number of occurrences and highlights all results
● Wrap lines preference affects the console in addition to the editor
● Lots of minor improvements and bug fixes