Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: 10.7+
What's New in CodeRunner 2?
CodeRunner 2 is a complete overhaul of the original app, and introduces major new features and improvements across the board. You'll love CodeRunner 2's slick interface, ease of use, and powerful editing features. Major changes include:
- Revamped syntax highlighting. CodeRunner 2 now uses TextMate syntax definitions, which provide better syntax highlighting and support for many more languages. You can even install your own syntaxes.
- Revamped code completion. CodeRunner 2 features fully-dynamic code completion with fuzzy search, tab-selectable placeholders, and documentation snippets.
- Improved multi-file run support. CodeRunner 2 does a better job running multiple-file projects.
- TextMate theme support. You can now use the popular TextMate theme format in CodeRunner 2.
- Revamped templates. CodeRunner 2 features vastly improved template functionality, including multiple and dynamic templates. It's now super easy to create classes, document structures, etc.
- Improved extendability. With CodeRunner 2, you can now import and export languages. This makes it easy to share your custom languages with others, or download languages from the web.
- Text editing improvements. CodeRunner 2 contains many new text editing features, such as the symbol navigator, better indentation support, improved behavior under source control, word-completions and more.
- Run statistics. You can now keep better track of your code while it's running. CodeRunner 2 displays live CPU and memory usage, in addition to spent CPU time once your code is finished running.
- Bundled compilers. CodeRunner 2 now includes the compilers necessary for running C and C++ code, so you don't need to have Xcode installed for these languages.
- Yosemite support. In addition to loads of UI enhancements, CodeRunner 2's look and feel now integrates seamlessly with OS X Yosemite.
More Info: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/coderunner/id433335799?mt=12
CodeRunner lets you edit and run code in 10 different programming languages; it's the essential editor for any programmer. With CodeRunner, it has never been easier to write and test code, run scripts, work with algorithms, or simply experiment with a new coding or scripting language.
* Edit and run code in AppleScript, C, C++, Java, Objective-C, Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby or Shell
* Fully-featured editor with syntax highlighting, code completion, color themes, intelligent bracket matching and more
* Editable code presets for new documents eliminates the need to keep writing main methods etc.
* Full encoding support, custom run/compiler flags and more
Note: Running Java code requires Java runtime to be installed on your system. Running C, C++, or Objective-C code requires you to have gcc installed.