Version: - 7.6
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: 10.9
Processor type(s) & speed: Core 2 Duo
RAM minimum: 2 gb
Link for more information: http://cocktail.maintain.se
Cocktail is a general purpose utility for OS X that lets you clean, repair and optimize your Mac. The application serves up a perfect mix of maintenance tools and tweaks, all accessible through a clean and easy to use interface. Cocktail's features are arranged into five categories that helps you manage various aspects of your computer. It also comes with an automatic Pilot mode that allows you to simply press a button and relax, knowing that Cocktail will take care of the rest.
* Added ability to disable DNS prefetching (Interface - Safari) DNS prefetching can cause a number of issues, such as slow performance, partially-loaded pages, or a "webpage cannot be found" message in Safari 5 or later.
* Added ability to hide users with unique identifiers below 500 in the login window (Interface - Login) This option allows you to easily create hidden user accounts by changing the user's ID (in the Users & Groups preferences pane, right-click on the user you want to change and choose "Advanced Options...") to a number below 500.
* Added ability to automatically reopen the last used files when QuickTime Player is launched (Interface - QuickTime)
* Added ability to automatically size movies in QuickTime Player to fit well on screen (Interface - QuickTime)
* Added ability to skip animation when entering full screen mode in QuickTime Player (Interface - QuickTime)
* Addresses an issue in which Cocktail may not detect quinary (en4) network interface (Network - Optimization)
* Addresses compatibility issues with Audio Hijack Pro
Cocktail 7.6 (Mavericks Edition) requires OS X Mavericks 10.9 to run. Cocktail (Mountain Lion Edition) for OS X 10.8, Cocktail (Lion Edition) for OS X 10.7 and Cocktail (Snow Leopard Edition) for OS X 10.6 are available for download from Maintain website.