Charles is a web proxy (HTTP Proxy / HTTP Monitor) that runs on your own computer. Your web browser (or any other Internet application) is then configured to access the Internet through Charles, and Charles is then able to record and display for you all of the data that is sent and received.
- SSL Proxying: view SSL requests and responses in plain text
- Bandwidth Throttling to simulate slower Internet connections including latency
- AJAX debugging : view XML and JSON requests and responses as a tree or as text
- AMF: view the contents of Flash Remoting / Flex Remoting messages as a tree
- Repeat requests to test backend changes
- Edit requests to test different inputs
- Breakpoints to intercept and edit requests or responses
- Validate recorded HTML, CSS and RSS/atom responses using the W3C validator
Requires OS X 10.7 or later
What’s New in Charles Web Proxy 4.2.7
- Release notes not available at the time of this post.