Descriptions for Cathode 2.4.1
Release Date: May 18, 2017
Developer: Secret Geometry
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.7 or later
Web Site: http://www.secretgeometry.com/apps/cathode
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/cathode/id499233976?mt=12
- Fast and Accurate Emulation
- Dynamic Scrollback Buffer
- 256 Colors
- 12 Retro Fonts
Great Mac Integration:
- Drag and Drop Files
- Customizable Keyboard
- Mouse Copy/Paste
- CommandClick to Open URLs
- Save/Recall Favorite Commands
- Choose from a large collection of themes spanning every era.
- Tweak to your heart’s content with a dozen realtime sliders.
- Effects include screen curvature, burnin, scanlines, and transparency.
- Glowing halos simulate the human eye’s reaction to intense brightness.
- Slow down the bitrate like an old modem.
- The quirks of old electronics are charming to the modern eye.
- Watch the strange dance of horizontal desyncs and splitting colors.
- Turn up the static, jitter, and flicker to add an analog warmth.
- Pixels burnin and slowly fade away when turned off.
- Slowmotion retrace lines show the picture being refreshed.
- Cathode’s many lifelike touches constantly surprise and delight.
- Ray tubes burst open in new windows and bounce as they’re moved.
- Dynamic perspective, lighting, and shadows raise the bar for app visuals.
- Customizable sound effects highlight your interactions.
- Use an image or webcam photo as glass reflection.
- Immerse yourself and disregard thirty years of user interface progress.
- Impress curious onlookers at work, school, or the cafe.
- Zoom in on virtual pixels for blocky resolutions.
- Works great with multiple monitor setups.
- Hide the clutter of modern computing.
But Wait, There’s More!:
- Cathode isn’t just a terminal, it’s also a great text editor.
- Use familiar dialogs, menus, key combos, and gestures.
- Open any image file to generate ASCII art.
- View your webcam feed as realtime ASCII art.
- Save screenshots.
- iMac, Mac Pro, MacBook Pro: 2007 or newer
- MacBook, MacBook Air, Mac mini: mid2008 or newer
- Unsupported graphics cards: Intel GMA 950 and X3100, ATI Radeon X1600
What’s New in Cathode 2.4.1
- Faster bitrates.
- Networking security improvements for macOS Sierra.
- Fixed a bug related to uninstalled fonts.