Carbon Copy Cloner 5.1.7 macOS
Introducing Carbon Copy Cloner 5: The smarter, easier CCC. The first bootable backup solution for the Mac is better than ever. When disaster strikes your hard disk, you can boot from your backup and keep working. Troubleshoot the problem disk when you have time to spare.
When disaster strikes your hard disk, you can boot from your backup and keep working. Troubleshoot the problem disk when you have time to spare.
Update only the files that have been added or modified.
CCC can walk you through the setup process.
Create a backup on your external drive, or back up your files to a networked drive.
Carbon Copy Cloner 5 Features:
- Bootable backups
- Run backups automatically on a schedule even if you’re not logged in
- Clone Recovery HD
- Guided setup
- Guided restore
- Smart updates back up only new or changed files
- Menubar application
- SafetyNet archive of changed and deleted items
- Back up to locally attached volumes, network volumes, or another Mac
- Backup notifications via Notification Center or email
- Cloning coach with timely troubleshooting advice
- Task sorting by name, last status, last run, next run or manually
- Import and export tasks
- Backup task collision detection
- Restrict backup tasks to weekdays or weekends, or when connected to a power source
- Onetime task scheduling schedule tasks to run once in the future
- Hourly runtime limits restrict backup tasks to certain times of day
- Chain individual backup tasks
- Organize backup tasks into groups
- Schedule and run task groups
- Task outlook for task groups
- Task history
- Task history trend charts task performance and amount of data copied
- Custom task filters control exactly what is included in your backup
- Expanded and improved task filter interface
- Import and export task filters
- Preview total data to be copied
- Automatic update checking without launching CCC application
- Pre and postflight scripts
- Command line application
- Compatible with Mountain Lion (10.8) and Mavericks (10.9)
- Qualified for Yosemite (10.10) through High Sierra (10.13)
- Designed for APFS and High Sierra (10.13)
Requirements: Yosemite (10.10), El Capitan (10.11), Sierra (10.12), or High Sierra (10.13).
Web Site: http://www.bombich.com/
What’s New in Carbon Copy Cloner 5.1.7
- CCC will now proactively warn about configurations specific to T2 Macs that will produce nonbootable results, and configurations that will lead to problems with enabling encryption or modifying Startup Security settings.
- Addressed an issue in which a Mojaverunning remote Macintosh would fail (inconsistently) to correctly validate the code signature of CCC’s file copier, thus causing backups to the remote Mac to fail.
- Apple cache files that have been found to degrade task performance are now excluded from backup tasks by default.
- CCC can now distinguish between a volume that is encrypted vs. a volume that has FileVault enabled. This is a subtle difference that is only apparent on T2based Macs. CCC will no longer ask for a password for encrypted volumes that are not FileVault protected.
- The “Shut down if previously off” setting is now allowed on a nonscheduled task as long as that task is part of a scheduled group.
- Improved compatibility with VeraCrypt volumes.