BookMacster is a bookmarks manager for your Mac, which plays nicely with iCloud, Sign In to Chrome, and Firefox Sync. It can be used in three ways, or all three:
- Manage Browser Bookmarks. Add alphabetizing and tagging. Verify, fix dupes, consolidate.
- Cross-Browser Syncing. Sync bookmarks of Safari Firefox, Chrome, and more among all your devices.
- Directly. Keep your bookmarks in one central store, accessible within web browsers.
- Compatible with iCloud’s Safari syncing, Google Chrome’s Sign In, and Firefox Sync. Bookmarks added to Safari from BookMacster on your Mac will sync via iCloud to Safari on iOS devices.
- Import/export with Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera, Vivaldi, iCab, Roccat, Pinboard, Diigo, and OmniWeb.
- Easily organize with tags, hierarchy, or both.
- Verifies bookmarks, fixes redirects, duplicates, can upgrade insecure bookmarks and remove URL cruft.
- Sort (alphabetize) automatically when bookmarks are changed. You control which folders you want to be sorted or not sorted, how to sort them.
- Supports multiple user profiles in Firefox and Google Chrome.
- Scriptable to collect new bookmarks from NetNewsWire or similar apps.
Compatibility: macOS 10.10 or later 64-bit
Web Site: http://sheepsystems.com/
What’s New in BookMacster 2.9.1
- Implemented some means to reduce errors 3025, 303025, 106842.
- Changed tab label, which had been Agents for many years, and was changed to Syncers in the last version, to the more sensible Syncing.
- Improved operation of the menu item Log Sync Watches to Clipboard which was introduced in Version 2.9, changing its title to Show Syncing Status.
- Fixed bugs in and improved operation of the Stop All Syncing and Reboot Sync Agent menu items.
- Fixed a bug introduced in version 2.9.0 which caused Error 812002 and failure to sync if user, typically a new user, installed the BookMacster Sync extension into Firefox, Vivaldi, Opera or Google Chrome and then switched on syncing before ever editing bookmarks in that browser.
- When BkmxAgent operating in the background fails to open a Collection, no longer removes tells app to “forget” that Collection, and no longer advises user. This will be done next time the user launches the application.
- Most of the Help Book, except screenshots, is now updated to reflect the big change made in Version 2.9.
- Eliminated growth in memory usage over time by the sync agent (BkmxAgent) which was introduced in Version 2.9.