|Created on||2017-02-20 02:10:37|
|Files||Bookends 12.7.9.zip (42.23 MB)|
Developer: Sonny Software, LLC
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.7 or later
Web Site: http://www.sonnysoftware.com/download/download.html
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/bookends/id418034250?mt=12
***** CNET "Editor's Pick" for Reference Software and rated "Outstanding" by CNET editors.
Reference management entails the collection, annotation, and citation of published information. Bookends greatly simplifies these tasks.
Bookends performs Internet searches to retrieve references and associated pdfs from PubMed, Amazon, Google Scholar, JSTOR, Web of Science, and hundreds of university libraries (some sites may require access privileges and ip authentication). Immediately find and import references for which you already have the pdf.
Versatile groups (static, smart, and virtual), Term Lists (keywords, authors, etc.), reference cross-linking (links), multiple notecards per reference, tag clouds, and near-instantaneous live searches help organize and find information in your personal collection. Highly configurable displays let you view the reference information and attachments the way you want.
Scan your word processor documents to create publication-ready manuscripts complete with bibliographies and footnotes. Bookends is compatible with Word (2011 and 2016), Mellel, Apple Pages '08, ‘09, and 5, Nisus Writer Pro, Manuscripts, LibreOffice/OpenOffice 4, and any application that can save RTF files.
Sync your library on multiple Mac and with Bookends On Tap (available separately for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch on the App Store).
Whether you are a student or professional, in the sciences or humanities, Bookends will help you every step of the way as you search for information, collect and analyze results, and put together your own work for submission or publication.
Click on the link below to visit Sonny Software, read about Bookends in more detail, see it in action in video tutorials.
What's New in Version 12.7.9:
● Implemented a workaround for a scanning bug in Microsoft Word 2016 15.28 and later; he scanned document should once more retain hidden citations, text size, and document styles
● Styled text in abstracts and notes is shown in the Summary view
● Autofill From Internet can use JSTOR if the reference has a stable JSTOR URL
● Unchecking an automated PubMed search in the Import Filters Manager clears the search history; if the list of references previously found and ignored gets very large over time, showing the results of searches can become slow. Unchecking and checking the search again can improve performance
● Optimizations in the import filter format; note that import filters created or edited with Bookends 12.7.8 or later will generate an error message if used in earlier versions of Bookends
● Worked around changes at Amazon so that cover art can be downloaded again
● Restored some PDF annotation features that were unavailable in Sierra due to macOS bugs; there are still problems for which no workaround has been found, and for the time being we recommend that you avoid Sierra, especially 10.12.2 and later
● Automatic PDF downloading in Bookends Browser works with Nature Communications
● Updated some queries used in advanced PubMed searches to deal with changes made by PubMed
● Added a Library of Congress Z39.50 import filter; unlike the built-in Library of Congress search, this filter will retrieve Unicode (e.g. accented) characters from the Library of Congress. To import them correctly, set the Bookends menu File -> Import Text Encoding -> UTF-8
● When outputting names as surname-only in small caps, small caps will be applied to institutional names (i.e., names terminated with a comma)
● Obtain the full hierarchical pathnames to groups in your library via an AppleEvent; implementation details can be found in the User Guide
● Bug fixes
● Fixed a bug in Google Scholar import where the wrong reference could be imported
● Fixed a bug that caused an error when Bookends Server returns a formatted reference
● Fixed an bug in generating a format catalog where the format couldn't be opened
● Fixed a bug where an error was thrown if you opened Preferences without having an Internet connection
● Fixed a bug that could cause Bookends to throw an error for some edited formats
● Fixed a cosmetic bug where the entire displayed result would be highlighted after doing an advanced Google Scholar search
● Fixed a bug that could on rare occasions cause the Summary view to have an orange background
● Fixed some issues with converting old custom formats to the current schema
● Fixed a bug in autocomplete paper where attachments could be renamed even when the "rename attachment" checkbox was unchecked
● Autocomplete Paper now works when searching the Library of Congress
● Prevented an error that was thrown when the Online Search window was closed before the reply was received
● Fixed a bug that caused an error on opening a library when the backup prompt checkbox was checked in preferences
● Fixed a bug in Wi-Fi sync with Bookends for iOS where the unique ID was not being transferred
● Fixed a bug in formatting author surnames in small caps