Descriptions for Descriptions for BlueHarvest 7.0.4
Release Date: April 6th, 2018
Developer: Ross Tulloch
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.10 or later
Includes: Pre-K’ed (TNT)
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/blueharvest/id739483376?mt=12
BlueHarvest keeps your storage devices free of macOS metadata such as ._ files, .DS_Store files, .AppleDouble folders, .Trashes and many many more. It also supports removing Windows metadata including Thumbs.db, Desktop.ini and $RECYCLE.BIN.
BlueHarvest automatically cleans these devices as you work without you needing to do a lift a finger.
- Per device configurations.
- Scheduled cleaning.
- Custom file backlists (with wildcards) for deleting any file or folder you wish.
- The ability to retain metadata if the metadata is required for aliases, labels, custom icons, security data or Finder tags.
- “Examine” feature for viewing metadata available for deletion.
- Removal of macOS extended attributes from files on Mac disks (non automated).
- Builtin support for deleting: .DS_Store, ._AppleDouble, .apdisk, .AppleDouble (folders via smb), .com.apple.timemachine.donotpresent, .fseventsd, .SpotlightV100, .TemporaryItems, .VolumeIcon.icns, $Recycle.bin, Desktop.ini, Icon?, Thumbs.db.
- Built in log viewer.
What’s New in BlueHarvest 7.0.4
- Fixed a bug where files including some extended characters in their names couldn’t be deleted.