Alias AutoStudio software is the next generation solution for automotive design, styling, and technical surfacing. With further extended workflow capabilities, Alias AutoStudio software provides an extensive set of sketching, modeling, visualization, and analysis tools for the entire vehicle design process.
Concept Design and Fast Content Modeling
- Sketching and illustration tools Draw and edit with integrated tools. Capture lines, circles, and ellipses with predictive strokes, and more.
- Flexible product modeling Fast, repeatable, curvebased modeling tools let you directly edit and sculpt 3D models.
- Fast concept modeling overview Walk through a fast concept model workflow, from sketch to final concept model.
- Downstream use of model Move your data easily between Alias and VRED software.
- Improved color assignment for layers Random custom color assignments for layers and layer folders.
- Customized clutch keys Define clutch key assignments.
- View options in Curve Planarize Add view options in the Curve Planarize.
- Surface fillet improvements Add the option of Inter Continuity and Inter Tangent Angle checking in surface fillets.
- New options in Skin tool Add the Shape option in the Skin 2012 tool to control the CV layout of the Skin surface section.
- Variable degree surface fillets You have the ability to have a variable degree in fillet surfaces.
- Interface enhancements Improvements for the 2018 release include customizable keyboard controls, snapping, marking menus, and more.
- Dynamic shape modeling Quickly manipulate your product model and explore shape variations on 3D forms without rebuilding geometry.
- 3D sculpting 3D sculpt surfaces by directly adjusting surface control vertices. Use curvebased tools, direct modeling, and more.
- Meshlike modeling for 3D sculpting Use pushandpull techniques to conceptualize models—without needing to develop spline surfaces.
- Concept exploration Explore concepts to create revisions quickly.
- Better theoretical and feature lines Control the shape of your product to follow a curve.
- Nondestructive detailing Cut, separate, and add detail to your design without affecting the sculpted form.
- Rendering and material management Use realtime raytracing and assign materials directly within Alias.
Detailed Design and Surface Analysis
- Deck seam Deck seam (similar to a flat fell seam) has been added to the Stitch and Seam tool.
- Mathematically precise surface creation Access tools that help you create mathematical shapes. For example, control pitch with the Revolve tool, and more.
- Multiblend tool Make smooth transitions between surfaces.
- Light ray effects and reflections Study your surfaces in a virtual lighting studio with the Light Tunnel tool.
- Automatic arrays of shapes Simplify uniform and nonuniform objects, using arrays. Create arrays of lines and surfaces in 2D and 3D.
- Stitches and seams Automatically create stitches and seams.
- Surface chain select tool Select a chain of surfaces with one pick.
- Shading in clay Temporarily change your shaders to a clay material. When you’re finished, your model goes back to its original form.
- Isophotes for surface flow Reveal design motion and underlying shape—for example, the movement of sand or the shape of snow on a mountain.
- Surface evaluation Get more accurate feedback on surface model quality.
- VRED NURBS surface analysis Achieve more accurate, native spline definition analysis.
Surface Modeling and Class-A Surfacing
- Predictive control Get more predictable results with new tools such as Freeform Curve Blend and View Filp.
- Global refit Refit your digital model to the changed physical model.
- Modeling enhancements The 2018 release includes enhancements to Surface Fillets and Curve Planarize. Data Transfer now offers STEP AP242 standard and DWG import and export.
- Scan data workflows: surface from mesh Create a surface on mesh with 1 of 3 surface types.
- Improved Surface from Mesh tool Update original data with scanned clay data.
- Precision surface modeling Create ClassA surfaces with speed and control.
- Automated surface creation and editing Perform multiple operations with a single tool.
- Multicurve profile input Profile tools provide an advanced way to work with surfaces, such as rotating a profile to a target surface.
- Efficient Multisurface Fillet tool Speed up the process from factor to surface fillet.
- Intelligent form factor capability Define ratios with Form Factor tools.
- Scan data workflows: mesh selection techniques Use an expanded mesh selection toolset.
Design Communication and Product Visualization
- Interactive product visualization Evaluate design options with realtime visualizations. Use shading models, apply color, add texture, and more.
- Compelling photorealistic renderings Visualize your product with highresolution imagery.
- Convenient data exchange Share industrial design data with mechanical design and CAD software, including Inventor, CATIA, SOLIDWORKS, and many others.
- VRED compatibility Quickly convert Alias files to VRED software for 3D visualization.
- Interoperability with other tools Interoperability helps streamline operations with other products used in the design process, such as cutters, meshers, and more.
- Switch between shading assignments Easily switch between color combinations.
- Variant configuration sets Capture your current view to return to it easily.
Web Site: http://www.autodesk.com/products/alias-products/overview
What’s New in Autodesk Alias Autostudio 2019
- Release notes not available at the time of this post.