Audio Hijack 3 – Record any audio, with Audio Hijack! Save audio from applications like iTunes, Skype or Safari, or from hardware devices like microphones and mixers.Transcribing audio is easier than ever, with global keyboard shortcuts. Never leave your text editing app! Easily export Sessions to share with other people or import Session, so you can see exactly how someone else has things set. Handy!
Record Any App
Just select an application and hit Record. Now you’re saving its audio!
Record From Devices
Record from microphones, mixers, or other audio input devices.
Record System Audio
The System Audio source helps you record all the audio heard on your Mac.
Record Web Streams
There’s oodles of streaming audio on the web. Use Audio Hijack to save it.
Easily save conversations from Skype, FaceTime, Google Talk, and more.
Customizable source and recording options give podcasters full control.
Increase the Volume
Stuck with small laptop speakers? Use Volume Overdrive to crank things past 100%.
Import Analog Content
If you still have music on tapes or vinyl, Audio Hijack can help you digitize it.
Pull From DVDs
Import audio from concert DVDs, movies, and more, for listening in iTunes and beyond.
Easy Recording Defaults
If you don’t know much about audio formats, Audio Hijack is here to help.
So Much More!
- Use the Template Chooser to get a preconfigured Session. Tweak as needed!
- Once you’ve configured a Session to your liking, you can reuse it over and over.
- Find all of your recordings, sorted by Session, in the Recordings tab.
- Check your recordings by playing them back with a single click.
- The included audio effects are easy to use and easy on the eyes.
- DJs and podcasters will love automatic ducking.
- Quickly pass files to an audio editor, add them to iTunes, or share them, all from the Recordings tab.
- Use the Schedule tab to set up timed recordings, for when you’re not around.
- The Scheduling feature can also turn any app on your Mac into an alarm clock.
- Pause, delay, and rewind live audio. Perfect for transcribing audio and more!
- Check out the new, precisely calibrated Peak/RMS Meter, replete with clipping indicators.
- Audio out of sync with video? Use the Sync block to precisely delay audio by up to 1000 milliseconds.
Requirements: For Mac OS X 10.11 or higher.
Web Site: https://www.rogueamoeba.com/audiohijack/
What’s New in Audio Hijack 3.5.4
- Major Enhancement: Audio Capture Engine (ACE) has been updated to 9.1.1, with MacOS 10.14 (Mojave) compatibility.
- Major Enhancement: Audio Hijack now has full VoIP capture support for “Linphone”.
- Enhancement: Changes made by Spotify have led to ACE being required to capture audio from the Spotify app. Audio Hijack now alerts the user to this requirement when necessary.
- Enhancement: Several small VoiceOver refinements have been made.
- Bug Fix: Some fields incorrectly allowed line breaks. Now, they do not.
- Bug Fix: Small corrections have been made for UI issues when blocks are off, and other minor interface tweaks have been made. As well, CPU usage has been improved when moving blocks within a session.
- Other: Audio Hijack now has compatibility with MacOS 10.14 (Mojave).
- Other: Audio Hijack now requires MacOS 10.11 (El Capitan) or higher.