Name: Audio Hijack
Released: Jan 25th, 2018
Developer: Rogue Amoeba Software
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.10 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Web Site: http://www.rogueamoeba.com/
A stylish macOS application that offers you the possibility to record the audio output of various sources in just a few seconds.
Audio Hijack is a versatile audio processing tool that can record content from various sources, while applying multiple sound effects. The app output can be exported to popular audio file formats, such as MP3, AIFF, AAC, Apple Lossless, FLAC, or WAV.
Easy to use audio recorder featuring a stylish and user friendly interface
The Audio Hijack comes with a tabbed user interface and its usage revolves around sessions: you can create as many recording sessions as you like, specifying the input source, the output format, and the sound effects that should be applied.
Audio Hijack comes with an extensive collection of sound and audio unit effects that can be integrated into your session with a simple drag and drop. Moreover, the app also allows you to visualize the way in which the sound is handled by the recorder.
However, to gain access to all Audio Hijack functionality, you must first install the Instant On plug-in that offers you the possibility to capture content from already running sources, from the Safari browser, and from all System Audio. In addition, the Schedule Helper plug-in is required to be able to setup recording timers.
Versatile audio capturing tool that can handle various sources and comes with built-in audio effects
To streamline the recording process, Audio Hijack comes with different session templates: simply select the one suitable for the task at hand and customize it by specifying the sound source, by adding sound effects via drag and drop actions, and by choosing the output mode.
Since Audio Hijack can grab audio from any app, from your system, or from other audio input devices (microphones, mixers, and so on), you are able to create all sorts of projects, ranging from simple recordings to creating podcasts.
Furthermore, thanks to its intuitive user interface, handling the Audio Hijack audio recorder proves to be very easy, even if you are not familiar with recording and processing audio sounds.
What’s new in Audio Hijack 3.3.6
January 25th, 2018
- Major Enhancement: Instant On has been updated to version 8.4.5, with important compatibility fixes for Skype 8, along with other small fixes.
- Audio Hijack now has full VoIP capture support for Scopia Desktop and LINE.
- Critical Bug Fix: Application audio capture will now always occur at the correct sample rate, rather than incorrectly defaulting to 44.1 kHz.
- Bug Fix: Audio Hijack's updated audio capture engine now works as expected with single-site browser (SSB) apps such as those made by Epichrome.
- Bug Fix: The “Limit Audio Capture To” option in the Application Source block now behaves as expected for all apps, including VoIP apps.
- Bug Fix: A rare crash which could occur when deleting an active Recorder block has now been corrected.
- Bug Fix: The minimum sample rate for 320 kbps AAC has been corrected to match AAC specifications.
- Bug Fix: Audio Hijack can once again launch Plex Media Player as expected.
- Bug Fix: Audio capture now works as expected when a device with very high sample rates (above 192 kHz) is in use.
- Bug Fix: Audio playback with single-channel devices has been corrected to properly provide both channels.
- Other: Audio Hijack now has full compatibility with MacOS 10.13 (High Sierra).