Descriptions for Description
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: 10.7 or higher
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Courtesy of C.O.R.E.
More Info: https://www.arqbackup.com/
Arq is super-easy online backup for the Mac. Back up to your own Google Drive storage (15GB free storage), your own Amazon Glacier ($.01/GB per month storage) or S3, or any SFTP server. Arq backs up and faithfully restores all the special metadata of Mac files that other products don't, including resource forks, ACLs, and creator codes.
Arq works like Time Machine, except you don't have to remember to plug in your external hard drive. Following the initial backup, Arq automatically makes incremental backups every hour, every day, uploading just the files that have changed since your last backup. Arq keeps hourly backups for the past 24 hours, daily backups for the past month, and weekly backups for everything older than a month.
Arq lets you set a budget for storage, and it automatically drops the oldest backups to keep within the budget.
Arq backs up everything with no limits. It backs up files of any size, external drives, and network drives.
Arq compresses and "de-duplicates" your backups, never storing the same file twice in the cloud. Arq encrypts all your backups with a password that never leaves your computer, so no one can read your cloud backups.
You can back up to multiple "targets". Back up some files to Glacier, some to S3, some to an SFTP server, etc. You can also back up to Amazon, GreenQloud, DreamObjects, Google Cloud Storage, or any other S3-compatible service.
Take control of your Mac's backups with Arq!
Whats new in Version 5.1.4:
● Fixed an issue where, if Amazon Cloud Drive access had been revoked and the user re-authorized it via Arq, Arq would get stuck in a loop.
● Fixed an issue during restoring which caused Arq to request much more Glacier data than the user requested.
● Fixed an issue which caused incorrect file sizes to be displayed.
● Increased SFTP timeout from 30 seconds to 120 seconds.
● Fixed an issue which caused permission errors because SFTP was trying to enumerate the parent directory's contents instead of doing a "stat" call on the file/directory in question.
● Fixed an issue where validation could start even if it was unchecked in the destination preferences.
● Fixed an issue which caused the fixed-transfer-rate setting to have no effect if the chosen transfer rate was 8 KB/s or less.
● Fixed an issue which could cause arqcommitter (Arq Agent's helper program) to stall on start, preventing backup progress.
Arq 5 Intro