A powerful application designed for tow-way file comparison and merging and which provides support for images, binary files and syntax highlighting
Araxis Merge is a powerful and flexible macOS application that provides the required tools to compare and synchronize two or three folders, text and office files, as well as image and binary files.
Folder, text and document comparison
Thanks to Araxis Merge, you easily compare and interactively synchronize folder trees, find, edit or delete changes between source, XML, HTML or other text file revisions. What is more, you can gain direct repository access and compare different versions of the same file.
Support for MS Office and OpenDocument files
From Araxis Merge’s main window you can easily open and compare text from Microsoft Word and Excel, OpenDocument, PDF and RTF files. On top of that, you can copy text from other applications and perform simple text comparisons.
The color coded side-by-side comparison system helps you pinpoint differences and similarities with ease. In addition, the linking lines between the documents make it even easier to view how the files are related.
User-definable merging process
Just by using your mouse you can select the parts of each file that you want to be added to the final merged version of the files. With the help of the in-place editor and undo capabilities offer your total control over the merged files while the Merge functions highlight the changes within lines.
Image and binary comparison
Moreover, you can use Araxis Merge to compare numerous image file formats and detect the pixels that have been modified. At the same time, the binary comparison helps you identify differences in data files at a byte level.
The Professional version of Araxis Merge add the advanced three-way visual file comparison and merging to the existing two-way visual file comparison. Furthermore, the Automatic Merging feature is capable to quickly even up the differences between files.
At the end of the comparison process you can easily generate and save comparison reports in HTML, XML, UNIX diff or HTML slideshow format.
Compatibility: macOS 10.11 or later 64-bit
Web Site: http://www.araxis.com/
What’s new in Araxis Merge 2018.5008
- Optional special handling for Intel Hex files has been added. #4283
- The Java Runtime Environment bundled with Merge has been upgraded to 10.0.1. #5377
- Java Runtime Environment files not required by Merge are no longer bundled. This significantly reduces the size of the Merge setup disk image (.dmg) file. #4610
- Image comparisons are now performed in the sRGB colour space. Images not in the sRGB colour space will be converted to sRGB before being compared. (Previously, images were compared using a legacy, generic colour space.) #5378
- Identical images no longer compare as different on Macs with certain graphics hardware. #4012
- The various command-line utilities (e.g. araxishgmerge) no longer consume significant amounts of CPU time when waiting for the Merge user interface to complete. #5099