Descriptions for Wirecast Pro 8.2
Released: Dec 7th, 2017
Developer: Telestream LLC
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.11 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Includes: Pre-K’ed (TNT)
Web Site: http://www.telestream.net/wirecast/overview.htm
An advanced and user-friendly application that helps you prepare your shots and broadcast video directly from your Mac over the local network or Internet
Wirecast is an all-in-one live streaming production application that provides the required tools to capture video, encode it and broadcast it to multiple servers and platforms at the same time.
Support for a wide variety of camera models
You can use Wirecast with an unlimited number of camera inputs ranging from web cams to DV/HDV, SDI cameras to IP and web-based sources and wireless devices. You just have to plugin your device and Wirecast will automatically recognize it as a live feed.
The supported input sources include USB, Web cams, SDI, composite, S-Video, DV/HDV, Component, HD-SDI, HDMI sources, IP Cameras, ONVIF, Web stream source and screen capture sources.
What is more, you can use Desktop Presenter to broadcast your own desktop if you need to display Keynote or PowerPoint presentations, product demonstrations, online interviews or game streams.
Layer-based editing system
Moreover, Wirecast features support for up to 35 layers of live compositing. Hence, you can effortlessly place watermarks, background music and other visual elements over your webcast.
As expected, you can also add titles and lower thirds, with more than 30 built-in professional looking broadcast title themes. You just have to select the one that fits your content, type in the text and apply it to your broadcast.
You can also use well-designed transitions to switch from different sources and generate effects and transitions in real time.
By using Wirecast, you can easily stream to multiple destinations using different bitrates at the same time. Thus, you can stream in both SD and HD to a live streaming service and even your own internal streaming server.
You can stream and or save your production to your Mac’s hard disk if you intend to archive the video or distribute it on-demand. Wirecast’s External Display Output feature helps you display your live Wirecast stream on an external monitor for your in-house audience.
What’s new in Wirecast 8.2.0 Build 33034
December 7th, 2017
- NEW – Added the ability to switch Shots with three supported MIDI Controllers (Akai APCmini, Akai APC40 MKII, Novation Launchpad)
- NEW – Added the ability to use an iOS device as a camera source on your Local Area Network (LAN) via Wirecast Go 2.1.109
Fixes & Improvements:
- Added the ability to create 60 FPS encoder presets for RTP Unicast/Multicast streams
- Added a drop-down option to YouTube destination to list Live, Upcoming, Completed or All events
- Fixed a crash when creating a new document on macOS High Sierra 10.13.2
- Fixed a crash that could occur when adding CEF-based widget sources
- Fixed a problem where some sources were providing black video on Windows 7
- Fixed issues with video quality when scaling the Canvas Size relative to the encoder resolution
- Made improvements to the Preferences to prevent data corruption and crashes
- Fixed stuttering audio when toggling the audio monitor button in the Audio Mixer
- Fixed an issue where certain NDI sources using NDI SDK 3.0 were not working properly
- Fixed Live/Preview Swap not functioning properly for some Title Source layers
- Fixed issues with Rendezvous Shots scaling spontaneously in Live canvas
- Fixed an issue where Chroma Key would cause marquee select to size improperly
- Fixed a crash when closing the Rendezvous Create Session window
- Fixed a crash when saving a document while Output Statistics window is open
- Fixed a crash when quitting Wirecast from the Welcome window
- Fixed an issue where Web Cam scaling was not preserved when loading a saved document
- Fixed a crash when using Emoji in Rendezvous session names
- Fixed audio distortion when attempting to play 5.1 or 7.1 WMV files. Note that this does not add support for 5.1 and 7.1 audio for WMV, it simply fixes the distortion.
- Fixed PSD files causing the Live canvas to flickers
- Fixed a crash when selecting a pixel format for Blackmagic capture devices
- Fixed a hang when stopping RTMP streams
- Fixed abnormally poor quality issues with Apple H.264 Hardware encoder when using CBR
- Fixed inability to save report using Support Assistant
- Fixed a hang when switching between YouTube events too quickly in the Output Settings
- No longer open Rendezvous Dashboard when Wirecast is re-launched
- Fixed issue with Rendezvous Dashboard window not minimizing properly on Windows
- Fixed inactive audio efects becoming active again when sending Shot live again
- Consolidate Wirecast｡｣｡ﾗ｡ｦ･ﾕs preferences, destination and miscellaneous system files into a single Wirecast folder
Daily Ranking – Top 5 in This Category