Descriptions for TinkerTool System 5.90
Name: TinkerTool System
Version: 5.9 Build 180123
Released: Jan 25th, 2018
Developer: Marcel Bresink
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: macOS 10.12 or later
Includes: Pre-K’ed (The Shark)
Web Site: http://www.bresink.de/
System utilities toolkit for effortlessly performing advanced administration tasks in order to keep an Apple Macintosh computer in tip-top shape
Most macOS versions come with a collection of features that cannot be managed via the system graphical user interface, mac-torrent-download.net but can be easily enabled or disabled by using Terminal commands.
TinkerTool System is a very easy to use Mac app that offers you the possibility to access these functionalities through an user friendly graphical interface.
Quick to install system maintenance solution for your Mac computer
To make sure the TinkerTool System capabilities are used in a responsible manner, when you first launch the application, you must provide the system administrator passkey: this way, the app ensures that the current user is qualified to make changes that can seriously affect the computer’s performance.
The application’s user interface resembles the System Preferences window, so finding your way around is quite easy: mac-torrent-download.net select the type of tools you want to access and the app will open a new panel organizing all the available tools into several tabs.
Perform system maintenance tasks, manage files, and adjust system or user settings
You can employ the TinkerTool System app to trigger periodic system maintenance tasks, to repair file permissions, to optimize your system, to clean up your disk by removing hidden files, log archives, orphaned files, and so on.
On top of the features that come integrated with the macOS, TinkerTool System also includes a collection of powerful tools designed to resolve, fix, troubleshoot, or repair system “bugs”, damaged accounts, and so on.
User friendly software solution that provides access to hidden macOS functionalities and to other maintenance tools
In a nutshell, TinkerTool System is great to have around if you want to access certain macOS functionalities without having to use the command line: the app allows you to launch maintenance tasks via an intuitive user interface (most tools have self explanatory names).
Furthermore, TinkerTool System also includes emergency and diagnostics capabilities that can handle troubleshooting and repair operations in the same manner.
What’s new in TinkerTool System 5.9
January 25th, 2018
- Added new feature to check whether the nesting of folders with long names may cause technical issues in some applications, when the maximum number of bytes in absolute file paths that is guaranteed to be supported by the operating system is exceeded.
- The application now makes the user aware if an old license with manual registration entry has been activated with the option to become valid for a non-administrative user account only. This configuration no longer makes sense, so the registration should be re-entered with the option to become either valid for an administrator or for all user accounts.
- The application no longer offers evaluation mode without license to non-administrative users because such accounts would not be capable to test all features.
- The application now makes clear that the diagnostic feature to test fans cannot be used with the iMac Pro at this time.
- The option not to wake mobile computers when the display lid is opened had to be removed. Although this setting is still offered and documented by Apple, it no longer has an effect on portable Macs.
- Fixed a problem where the toolbar button in the control window to navigate to the pane overview could not be pressed in certain situations.
Daily Ranking – Top 5 in This Category