Descriptions for TinkerTool System 5.81 Build 171129
Name: TinkerTool System
Version: 5.81 Build 171129
Released: Nov 29th, 2017
Developer: Marcel Bresink
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: macOS 10.12 or later
Includes: Pre-K’ed (The Shark)
Web Site: http://www.bresink.de/
System utilities toolkit for effortlessly performing advanced administration tasks in order to keep an Apple Macintosh computer in tip-top shape
Most macOS versions come with a collection of features that cannot be managed via the system graphical user interface, but can be easily enabled or disabled by using Terminal commands.
TinkerTool System is a very easy to use Mac app that offers you the possibility to access these functionalities through an user friendly graphical interface.
Quick to install system maintenance solution for your Mac computer
To make sure the TinkerTool System capabilities are used in a responsible manner, when you first launch the application, you must provide the system administrator passkey: this way, the app ensures that the current user is qualified to make changes that can seriously affect the computer’s performance.
The application’s user interface resembles the System Preferences window, so finding your way around is quite easy: select the type of tools you want to access and the app will open a new panel organizing all the available tools into several tabs.
Perform system maintenance tasks, manage files, and adjust system or user settings
You can employ the TinkerTool System app to trigger periodic system maintenance tasks, to repair file permissions, to optimize your system, to clean up your disk by removing hidden files, log archives, orphaned files, and so on.
On top of the features that come integrated with the macOS, TinkerTool System also includes a collection of powerful tools designed to resolve, fix, troubleshoot, or repair system “bugs”, damaged accounts, and so on.
User friendly software solution that provides access to hidden macOS functionalities and to other maintenance tools
In a nutshell, TinkerTool System is great to have around if you want to access certain macOS functionalities without having to use the command line: the app allows you to launch maintenance tasks via an intuitive user interface (most tools have self explanatory names).
Furthermore, TinkerTool System also includes emergency and diagnostics capabilities that can handle troubleshooting and repair operations in the same manner.
What’s new in TinkerTool System 5.81 Build 171129
November 29th, 2017
- This version responds to a very critical security flaw found in current versions of macOS High Sierra. TinkerTool System will automatically detect upon each start whether system security has been compromised on your Mac as result of this issue. If this is the case, the application will automatically direct you to a web page with instructions from Apple that can be used as a workaround.
- The feature to automatically warn the user if the root account of the operating system has permission to log in was modified due to a known security defect of macOS High Sierra.
- Fixed a problem where the processing of group memberships of a user could fail if the user was in more than 16 groups.
- Fixed a problem where TinkerTool System could not create install media for older operating systems when running macOS High Sierra.
- Fixed a problem where the application could crash in very rare cases when using multiple features of the pane Clean Up subsequently.
Daily Ranking – Top 5 in This Category