Descriptions for LaunchControl 1.36 (1013)
Name: LaunchControl for Mac
Version: 1.36 Build 1013
Release Date: 01 Dec 2017
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version:OS X 10.7 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Includes: Pre-K’ed (The Shark)
Web Site: http://www.soma-zone.com/LaunchControl/
LaunchControl is a launchd(8) frontend allowing you to manage and debug system and user services on your Mac. All documented features of launchd(8) are supported. It reports potential problems even before a job is started and makes sure you always create valid configurations.
- Sophisticated interface – With LaunchControl you see all services and their respective status at a glance. Invalid services are highlighted and a problem description is provided. You can enable or disable services with a single click. The same goes for loading, unloading and ad-hoc starting. Long list of jobs may be filtered. You find what you are looking for in an instant. But LaunchControl is not just another .plist editor. It provides a dedicated interface for every single launchd(8) configuration key. The interface is adaptive. It displays only information that is relevant for the selected job.
- Absolute freedom – While the default editing mode in LaunchControl supports all documented features of launchd(8), you may sometimes need to use unofficial features. Switch to ‘Expert Mode’ and you’re set. Both modes are fully synchronized. Changes in one editor will instantly show up in the other one.
- Everything you need – LaunchControl provides everything you need to create, edit, remove or debug launch services. It even includes a log viewer, so you don’t have to fire up Console.app and build custom queries.
- Discover what’s possible – launchd(8) currently supports some 36+ documented keys. LaunchControl makes it easy to discover them. Every key in the palette panel is annotated, so you don’t have to consult the man page. Search them by category, name or description. Once found, drag an item from the palette section to the configuration section to add this key.
What’s New in LaunchControl 1.36 (1013)
- Context menu for job table.
- Added a button to the Program/ProgramArguments control to allow editing of files. Defaults to ‘TextEdit.app’. Use LaunchControl Preferences to change.
- Jobs may now be created from existing jobs using File>Import…
- Jobs with improper file name extension (i.e. not ‘.plist’) are listed in the job table as well. They are properly marked as ‘not automatically loaded’.
- Status indicators in QuickLaunch now have a modern flat look
- Dropping a job .plist file on the service table now imports this job into the current domain
- File>Import Custom Job… has been renamed to File>Import… (if the current domain is Custom Agent or Custom Daemon this menu works as it did before)
Daily Ranking – Top 5 in This Category