Descriptions for BookMacster 2.5.5
Developer: Sheep Systems
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.10 or later
Includes: Pre-K’ed (The Shark)
Web Site: http://sheepsystems.com/
Versatile bookmarks management application for macOS which is able to automatically import entries and export them to multiple browsers on all your computers
Most web browsers come with their own bookmark managers, but the provided functionalities are rather limited. BookMacster is a Mac app that is able to extract all your bookmarks, enables you to sort them and remove the duplicates from the list, and then helps you send the cleaned version back to the browser.
Import bookmark lists from popular web browsers
BookMacster is able to work with 3 popular web browsers: Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. The application will analyze the bookmarks list on its own, imports the entries, and then displays them in list or tree mode. Note that BookMacster must install a separate extension to be able to analyze the Firefox bookmarks list.
The best part is that you can decide to import / export data only from / to certain web browsers. From this point of view, BookMacster provides complete control over your data.
Clean up your bookmarks list in no time
BookMacster offers you the possibility to sort your entries by different criteria, enables you to group them by tags, allows you to add separators, and helps you find duplicate entries. Noteworthy is that you may also rearrange the websites in the list via drag and drop actions.
Moreover, BookMacster also provides customization options when dealing with the automatic syncing process: the app can monitor the web browsers and import any changes, and can directly export the list back if certain conditions are met. To avoid any issues, setting up a delay period for the syncing is advisable.
Resourceful solution for managing and organizing your bookmarks
BookMacster is a great tool to have around if you have large bookmarks lists that you need to organize: you can easily sort them by applying various rules, define specific groups, and even detect duplicates. Keep in mind that you can export the final list to all your browsers, so you will have access to the entire database, regardless of the client of choice.
What’s new in BookMacster 2.5.5
March 2nd, 2018
- Improved a performance bottleneck when exporting to Firefox..
- Fixed a bug which could cause a crash or failure to export to Safari if the exporting document did not have a Bookmarks Menu in its Settings > Structure.
- Fixed several misbehaviors which could occur when exporting to Safari when user’s Safari bookmarks have been upgraded by Apple to the new CloudKit protocol.Our thanks to the users who sent their Bookmarks and Document data using Help > Trouble Zipper in our apps’ menu bars!
- Added two fixes for users of macOS 10.12, which seems to temporarily lose track of items after moving one.This can result in failure of the export with either Error 772031 Could not find a movee (if an item was moved into limbo after its original parent was removed) or Error 772032 Could not find movee’s new parent (if an item is moved into a moved folder).It is possible that this fix may also eliminate, in macOS 10.13, the occasional retrial which occurs under the hood after a few seconds, when an export to Safari initially fails.
- Fixed bug which could be seen particularly if new item(s) were added to the root, causing the export to fail with Error 772031 or 772032, indicating Could not find a movee or its new parent.
- Now succeeds when exporting to Safari a bookmark which was imported from Firefox as a Live Bookmark (RSS), if user’s Safari bookmarks have been upgraded by Apple to the new CloudKit protocol, instead of failing with Error 772030.
Daily Ranking – Top 5 in This Category