Descriptions for Snagit 2018.1.1
Developer: TechSmith Corporation
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.11 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Web Site: http://www.techsmith.com/
A small but powerful app that enables you to capture screenshots, record videos, and quickly perform basic editing procedures on a Mac
macOS comes with basic screen capturing capabilities, but the customization options are fairly limited. Snagit is an unobtrusive yet very easily accessible Mac app that proposes more diversified screenshot taking functions, and is also able to record videos.
In addition, Snagit provides an editing area where you can to personalize your projects without having to employ third party applications.
Capture screenshots or record videos in no time
By default, Snagit is a status bar menu application that also provides an autohiding capture window placed in the top right corner of your screen. Via the app’s Preferences window you can quickly decide to keep only one of them enabled. At the same time, you can also make use of the already defined hotkeys.
All you have to do is select the capture type via any of those controllers, and highlight the area you want to record. Snagit automatically sends the captures to the processing window but that does not obstruct you workflow in any way: if you are already satisfied with the result, simply select one of the many image or video sharing solutions.
Versatile editing and sharing solutions
The Snagit image editor includes a collection of simple tools that can be used to highlight certain areas, to write down text, to erase certain elements, and much more. Moreover, you also get to apply color filters, edge effects, and more.
When dealing with video content, all you can do is preview the recording and cut a specific portion. Noteworthy is that Snagit allows you to connect to various online account in order to quickly upload the final projects from within the application: this makes the entire procedure extremely straightforward.
Powerful screen capturing tool that includes editing and sharing capabilities
Snagit succeeds at being a complete screen capturing solution: you get to capture both screenshots (including menus or entire webpages, on the spot or with a small delay) and videos (with your screen activity or with the images captured by your webcam).
To conclude, Snagit is the tool you want if you have to highlight certain aspects of an image, or if you need to record video presentations: use its built-in tools to edit the content, and then share the results with your friends in no time.
What’s new in Snagit 2018.1.1
March 7th, 2018
- Reduced memory usage by Capture Helper (menubar icon).
- Added ability to access UI when recording your webcam while in full-screen mode.
- Fixed Fill tool so previously filled areas in visible image remain after restarting Snagit.
- Removed artifacts left after moving objects on the canvas when zoomed in greater than 100%.
- Added ability to drag and drop files into Library from other image applications like Photo.
- Enabled File > Print when viewing images in Library.
- Improved security when sharing to Screencast.com.
- Fixed image exports from Library so file data (TIFF) matches file extension (PNG).
- Added ability for custom polygon shapes to be imported/exported with themes.
- Fixed polygon shapes so they can be copied and pasted without changing shape.
- Fixed issue where transparent color was not available after moving shapes, callouts, or text using Move tool.
- Added T arrows as a quick style when creating a new theme.
- Rotated callouts no longer have a black background except for square callouts that still have an outline.
- Advanced properties for callouts are now visible when the callout is selected on the canvas.
- Fixed memory leaks related to callouts.
- Improved the messaging when saving to an inaccessible folder location.
- Other bug fixes and performance improvements.
Daily Ranking – Top 5 in This Category