Descriptions for Backgrounds 1.5
Release Date: October 11, 2017
Developer: Alex Lopez
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.12 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Web Site: http://crysum.com/apps/backgrounds/
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/backgrounds/id808501572?mt=12
Award Winner of Mac Informer 5* Editor’s Pick Award.
App of the Week in Mac.informer, Macitynet and Macgasm.
“Great App! The simplicity yet perforamce and customization is impressive! Nice job! XB”-Xan Bar
“My favorite thing is that it doesn’t compress video if you choose a video as a wallpaper, so my native 4k videos don’t get degraded.”-rkzemke
“Backgrounds is, as the name implies, a Desktop background utility that truly, madly, deeply thinks different. Instead of merely changing the photo, Backgrounds changes everything”-Mac360
“It is designed for Mac users who want to make the backgrounds of their computer screens more attractive, stylish, and dynamic. This can be done by adding brand new features and helpful widgets to your screen to achieve an exquisite and original desktop appearance.”-mac.informer
Your desktop, like never before.
Make your desktop more interesting and useful with 7 themes: Music, Parallax, Video, Quartz, System Time and Web.
Includes a Notification Center Today Widget.
Includes 2 Screen Savers: Glass and Quartz X.
1) Music: See the artwork of the current track you are hearing as a wallpaper, or a video you have added to Backgrounds that matches the song’s title, artist, album or comments. Excellent for playing music videos.
– Compatible with iTunes, Spotify and Swinsian.
2) Parallax: Give depth to your desktop by moving the cursor.
3) Video: Play video as your desktop wallpaper. Express yourself with your own videos and live wallpapers.
4) Quartz: Run Quartz Compositions as a wallpaper. Make your own Quartz Compositions or download them.
– Access to iTunes, Spotify and Swinsian current track info.
5) System: Monitor your Mac’s CPU and Network usage.
– Get a glance of your system’s stats from Notification Center with the today widget.
6) Time: Know the time or date from your Desktop.
7) Web: Load a webpage as your wallpaper. Create your own or use an existing one.
– Notification Center Today Widget: Monitor your CPU and Network usage. Check your Mac’s stats right from the Notification Center, wherever you are, without leaving your apps.
– Quartz X Screen Saver: Run a Quartz Composition while you are away from your Mac. Visualize your music artwork and info when playing music with iTunes, Spotify or Swinsian.
– Glass, a transparent Screen Saver: Lock your Mac and see what it’s doing, from your music artwork, to a task in progress, the system status, anything.
– Supports Multiple Monitors with different preferences each.
– You can even combine them. Activate the System and Time widgets so they are on top always, even when you are using other themes.
Enjoy it, spread the love and share it with your friends.
We appreciate your comments. Let us know how we can help you.
What’s New in Backgrounds 1.5
– New Web theme.
– Includes 3D Parallax.
– Performance improvements and optimizations.
– UX enhancements.
– Minor improvements.
– Bug fixes.
Daily Ranking – Top 5 in This Category