Descriptions for JetBrains Rider 2017.3
Name: Rider EAP for Mac
Release Date: 28 Dec 2017
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version:OS X 10.10 or later
Web Site: https://www.jetbrains.com/rider/
What’s New in JetBrains Rider 2017.3
- Debugging third-party code:you can now step through and set breakpoints in assemblies that Rider decompiles on-the-fly.
- Smart Step Into:when you debug method chains or nested method calls, choose a particular call to step into, while stepping over all other calls in a line.
- Return values in locals:function return values are displayed in the Variables view, which is useful when the result of a method call is not stored in a local variable.
- More debugger improvements:debugger actions are available in the Alt+Enter menu, you can now drag-and-drop the execution pointer to an earlier or later location in code, and callers of async functions are now displayed in the Frames view.
- New project wizard:Rider introduces a different grouping of project templates, allows creating repositories along with new solutions, and streamlines installing additional project templates.
- Unit testing improvements, including new actions, local shortcuts, and more reliable filtering in the unit testing view.
- C# Interactive tool window to execute C# statements without having to wait for compilation.
- Unity support improvements, such as new context actions and code inspections, improved usability of code completion, and syntax highlighting in compute shaders.
- Config transformations to modify settings in Web.config and App.config when packaging applications.
- Reworked formatter:Rider learns to align code in columns, apply other new code styles, as well as disable or enable formatting for selected blocks of code.
- More changes from ReSharper 2017.3, including a C# 7 ready Extract Method refactoring, more C# typing assists, and improved support for VB.NET.
- More frontend features:notably, Rider bundles more IntelliJ platform plugins for frontend development (such as TSLint, CoffeeScript, Karma and Stylus).
- Changes from IntelliJ IDEA 2017.3, including a new editor-based REST client, version control and database tooling updates, and a reworked Docker configuration system.
- Performance improvements on loading and reloading projects, in debugger and code completion.
- More changes related to NuGet and MSBuild support, keymaps, settings, and Find Usages.
Daily Ranking – Top 5 in This Category