Descriptions for EJ Technologies Perfino 3.2
Developer: ej-technologies GmbH
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.5 or later
Web Site: http://www.ej-technologies.com/download/overview.html
Versatile monitoring solution designed to record the transactions performed by certain JVMs in order to help you analyze their performance
perfino offers you the possibility to monitor the activity of multiple Java Virtual Machines in order to provide a detailed analysis upon the performance of your business. The data can be accessed via a web console, and the monitoring agent can be easily integrated with any JVM.
Easy to setup monitoring solution for your Java Virtual Machines
perfino comes with its own installer that quickly deploys a local server that hosts the service and can be controlled via a web console. Note that you will be prompted to setup an admin account and the credentials will be required to login to the perfino server.
In addition, you can choose to monitor as many JVMs as you like, regardless if you run them locally or on a remote workstation. To add a JVM to the perfino console, just make sure to add the “-javaagent:/Applications/perfino/agent/perfino.jar” command when launching the Java apps from the Terminal.
Naturally, the app provides various setup customization options, which are described within the perfino web console. Moreover, perfino provides an extensive documentation where you can learn more about each function.
Analyze your JVMs performance level via a centralized monitoring solution
Within the perfino console, you can visualize graphs depicting the performance level of each JVM and the generated transactions. In addition, you can setup telemetries thresholds, receive email alerts and develop emergency response strategies.
Noteworthy is that perfino provides detailed information about all JVM transactions and records various types of scalar values which are never discarded. This way, you will be able to analyze the JVMs performance in time.
To conclude, perfino proposes a comprehensive solution for monitoring the activity of any number of Java Virtual Machines in order to help you assess the efficiency of your setup. The app records historical data for analysis purposes, but can also send alerts if certain conditions are met.
What’s new in perfino 3.2
March 4th, 2018
- Full support for monitoring with Java 10
- Added a "contextPath" property in perfino.properties that adds a prefix to the URL. This is useful if the web server is behind a reverse proxy.
- Support for mongoDB 3.6
- Support for Wildfly 12
- Left clicking on data points in telemetries now shows the context menu
- The documentation is now also available as an eBook that can be downloaded from web site
- Fixed a rare class loader dead lock during instrumentation
- Threshold configurations for telemetries with a unit of "milliseconds" had an invalid default unit selection for lower and upper bounds
- Improved robustness of the database during crashes
- Fixed an NPE when the URL query string was empty and parameters were used for the transaction name. This could lead to unrecorded transactions.
Daily Ranking – Top 5 in This Category