Anthemion Software Jutoh 2.81 macOS
Jutoh makes it easy to create ebooks in popular formats that you can sell on many ebook sites. Create your project in seconds from existing files using the New Project Wizard; or create your book from scratch using the built-in styled text editor. Select a book cover design from Jutoh’s template, or create your own cover design with the built-in cover editor.
Fast to import your existing content, whether in text, HTML, or OpenDocument.
Fast to create your Epub, Mobipocket or other format.
Fast to edit content and switch between variations of your ebooks.
Jutoh is written in C++ so runs at top speed – no frustrating delays.
Jutoh runs on Windows, Mac, Linux and various other Unix-based systems, and you can easily copy your files between machines of different kinds. One licence can be used on multiple operating systems simultaneously; and rest assured that if you buy a different kind of desktop or laptop, you don’t have to leave your way of working behind and buy new software.
Create ebook variations rapidly
Thanks to Jutoh’s configurations, you can describe differences between versions of your book – a different cover, a different title page, different formatting – all without needing separate projects. Just select a different configuration and click Compile. This is invaluable when you are distributing ebooks using different sites with slightly different requirements.
Ebook checking gives you confidence
Jutoh installs Adobe’s EpubCheck and EpubPreflight checker programs, so you can easily check your Epub book for internal errors or problems that might arise with specific readers. The checkers are run within Jutoh, so you don’t have to mess about with invoking the applications yourself.
Store related material
Jutoh lets you store text, picture, and web notes together with the book content. So if you’re writing or editing your ebook within Jutoh, you can easily refer to your notes or store text that doesn’t yet have a place.
Requires OS X 10.3.9 or later
Web Site: http://www.jutoh.com/
What’s New in Anthemion Software Jutoh 2.81
- Added Markdown import and export support. To this end, there are new text configuration options: Text syntax, Text packaging and Text file extension. There are also new file types that can be customised in Preferences/Helpers: Markdown files and TextPack files. Jutoh can export single or multiple Markdown files and also a .textpack (zip) archive.
- The configuration option Heading style prefix can now take multiple patterns as well as a simple prefix; if using a pattern, the heading level will be determined by the style’s outline level.
- Added the configuration option Verbatim paragraph styles with default value “HTML”, and the configuration option Verbatim character styles with default value “HTML Text”, for passing content directly to HTML.
- Added the configuration option Preformatted paragraph styles with default value “Preformatted”, for specifying preformatted content. In HTML this adds the pre tag, and in Markdown this prepends “>” characters.
- Added the configuration option Code character styles with default value “Code”, for specifying inline code. In HTML this adds the code tag, and in Markdown this encloses the text in backticks.
- Added the configuration option Blockquote paragraph styles for specifying blockquotes. In HTML this adds the blockquote tag, and in Markdown this prepends four spaces.
- Added the configuration option Section file name for customising individual HTML or text file names.
- Added further options to writing goals, including an option to restart a goal when the project is opened.
- Disambiguated single item and multiple item deletion in several dialogs with Delete and Clear All buttons.
- File name truncation in the Welcome window now removes the middle portion to allow for version numbers.
- Fixed a bug causing missing bookmarks when using the Suppress section breaks configuration option with an automatic table of contents.
- Fixed a bug whereby drawing objects wouldn’t be refreshed if the advanced option Load images on demand was enabled.
- Added Configure item to the Add Word command in the spellcheck dialog if showing a menu.
- Added Clear and Search buttons to the personal dictionary dialog.
- Spell checking now ignores URLs and email addresses, instead of trying to check constituent parts of them.
- HTML import now supports multiparagraph list items.
- Improved rendering of guidelines in tables when in Text Highlighting mode.
- Added character and page counts to the Word Count dialog, and the user can enter a value for characters per page.
- Fixed freezing for a long time when opening or compiling a file in a folder containing many subfolders and files, by no longer traversing all folders recursively.
- Fixed bug whereby MP3 compilation ignored the document selection.
- Fixed Examine command to work with CBZ files.
- When making a valid file name, Jutoh now strips accents before removing any remaining nonASCII characters.
- Fixed inability to change paragraph alignment from left aligned to indeterminate or vice versa, and similarly line spacing from Single to (none), using direct formatting tools.
- Fixed toolbar customisation in a footnote dialog when rightclicking over the toolbar and choosing Customise.
- In the New Project dialog, File Conversion Options page, removed a redundant file encoding option and added an option to add Markdown files. Also added an option to use file names or numbering if a title could not be extracted from a file.
- Fixed a crash on close project bug if the status bar is hidden, introduced in 2.80.
- HTML configurations no longer automatically create a subfolder out of the project file name to store the HTML files. The Book folder configuration option now exactly specifies the location, to be consistent with other formats. However, in new and existing HTML and text configurations, Book folder consists of %FOLDER% appended to the project file name for compatibility and to avoid clashes with existing HTML and text files. This can then be tailored by the user.