Descriptions for Allegorithmic Substance Painter 2017.4.1.1981
Name: Substance Painter
Version: 2017.4.1 Build 1981
Released: Dec 17th, 2017
Developer: Allegorithmic SAS
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.10 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Web Site: http://www.allegorithmic.com
It makes it easy for you to give your 3D gaming models very realistic textures, effects and appearances, with the help of its advanced particle brushes
Considering the level reached by the gaming industry today, there is no doubt that the need for extensive software solutions for creating and polishing 3D models is steadily rising.
Artist-friendly and powerful 3D painter
One such software solution is Substance Painter, a powerful and full featured 3D painting application that aims to provide you with an extensive set of tools for creating exquisite and realistic textures for your 3D models.
Upon first starting the app, you are greeted by a black themed user interface that follows the same visual layout as many other products of this kind, with a collection of almost too small buttons and a multitude of panels well organized around the work-space, making everything easily reachable all the time.
Bundles the latest texturing technologies that should keep both game developers and artists alike happy
A very good piece of news is the fact that Substance Painter enables you to create comprehensive maps that can be implemented in games that use the Physical Based Shaders engine. Another plus is the fact that you have the possibility to accurately review your work with the help of a physically based viewport (PBR).
Continuing with some more geeky stuff, Substance Painter comes with full integration for Yebis 2, one of the world’s best post processing software, fact that will provide your gaming 3D models with modern and crisp optical effects by adding anti-aliasing, color correction, depth of field, glare, and bloom, just to name a few.
Comprehensive software solution for 3D painting
It seems that when it comes to 3D rendering, Substance Painter has it covered pretty well, but the the app’s best part is by far its set of brushes, with a special attention towards the particle brushes.
With the help of these powerful particle brushes, you can add realistic and customizable effects to your objects in such a detailed matter, that your imagination and level of skill could very well be the only limit.
One aspect to keep in mind though, in its current development stage, Substance Painter isn’t what you would call smooth running, with a small collection of interface glitches that require some attention in order to keep everything in check.
Still a young project, but, after a time, it might just become the industry’s standard
As a verdict, Substance Painter is a powerful texturing application that has a lot going for it in terms of effects, support for the newest consoles and games thanks to its Physical Based Shaders engine, while not the best, a fairly intuitive interface, and of course, the game changing particle brushes.
What’s new in Substance Painter 2017.4.1.1981
- [Scripting] Export mesh through the scripting API
- [Import] Disable import of unsupported mesh file format (allow only obj, fbx, dae, ply)
- [Log] Indicate more precisely the TDR issue in the log file
- Crash if application is closed before resources crawling has finished
- Crash when opening projects with Smudge/Clone tool
- Crash when using redo after an undo of a Shader change in Viewer Settings
- [Engine] Texturing differs between Painter 2017.2 and 2017.4
- [Viewport] Picking on an ID map from an instance samples the wrong color
- [Export] Crash when exporting an invalid normal or occlusion texture
- [Export] PSD files have their groups locked when opened in Photoshop CS6
- [Plugin] Photoshop plugin ignores channel selection and always export everything
- [Layers] Anchors break when copy/pasted across Texture Sets
- [Layers] Some anchor's references cannot be restored if broken
- [Shader] pbr-coated secondary roughness parameter is broken
- [Steam] Version checker pop-up shouldn't be visible at launch
Known Issues :
- [AMD] Crashes/Freezes when trying to paint on a mesh. Can be fixed with a GPU Driver update.