An unobtrusive status bar menu application for macOS that is able to capture media content streamed by your iOS device via AirPlay
The AirPlay functionality integrated within iOS offers you the possibility to stream media content between your devices in a more streamlined manner.
AirServer is a Mac app capable of capturing the content streamed by your AirPlay enabled device and mirroring the gadget’s screen on your desktop.
Automatically detects AirPlay enabled devices
To take advantage of the AirServer capabilities, you must first enable the AirPlay service on the iOS device. First off, make sure that both your computer and the mobile gadget are connected to the same network.
On the iOS device navigate to the Control Center, tap the AirPlay icon, select the device you want to mirror to, and AirServer takes care of the rest.
Once the AirPlay mirroring service is enabled on the iOS device, AirServer automatically opens a new window on your desktop, showing the mobile device’s screen. This way, you can easily share images, videos, audio tracks, and more.
Optimize the mirroring resolution and adjust the audio sync frequency
For your convenience, AirServer also enables you to record and process videos: you have the option to quickly create your own educational presentations in no time.
Within the application you have the option to flip the image vertically or horizontally, to adjust the brightness and contrast values, and more.
The AirServer window can be easily resized (comes with full-screen support), but you can also specify the preferred mirroring resolution via the Preferences window: 1080p, 720p, Projector (1600X1200, or 1024X768), and more.
User friendly AirPlay receiver for your Mac
The same area allows you to select the output device for the audio content, and allows you to adjust the synchronization rate. Last but not least, AirServer helps you set up a connection password for your Mac.
All in all, AirServer offers you the possibility to take advantage of the AirPlay iOS functionality to share the screen of your Mobile device with a desktop computer. As a result, you can employ data stored on your phone or tablet to make presentations, hold meetings, and much more.
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later 64-bit
Web Site: http://www.appdynamic.com/
What’s New in AirServer 7.2.0
- Google Cast implementation
- AirServer logo in Activation panel when dark mode is enabled in MacOS Mojave
- Minimize button not working
- Issue with Apple Clips application that caused mirroring session to stop when started up
- Issue with iOS timer that caused mirroring session to stop when turned off from notification
- Issue that stopped the mirroring session when opening various apps (ExplainEverything, ScratchJr, …)
- Issue that caused mirroring to stop when enabling VoiceOver on iOS
- Issue that caused the mirroring session to drop after 20 seconds when mirroring YouTube videos from the app
- Issue that caused the mirroring session to drop after a video had finished playing
- Compatibility with Microphone privacy setting in MacOS Mojave. This prevented voiceover recording