Descriptions for Airfoil 5.7.0
Released: Feb 20th, 2018
Developer: Rogue Amoeba Software
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.10 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Web Site: http://www.rogueamoeba.com/
Powerful and user-friendly macOS app that will help you send any audio to one or multiple AirPort Express units in sync, and even to any other local Mac
Airfoil is a light and intuitive macOS application designed from the ground up to help you send audio from your Mac to Airport Express units, iOS d and Android devices, other Macs and even PCs with extreme ease.
Streams sound to your mobile devices over the local network
Thanks to Airfoil, you can stream sound from web-based audio players such as Pandora or music sharing services like Rdio, Spotify and WiMP, as well as any other audio source on your Mac to AirPlay enabled devices from your home.
Airfoil is designed to live in your Mac’s status bar from where you can access its menu, select the audio source, as well as the targeted device and open the Preferences window. mac-torrent-download.net What is more, you can configure Airfoil to reside only in the menu bar and remove the Dock icon.
Compatible with a wide variety of mobile devices and speakers
Furthermore, Airfoil works very well with its iOS app, Airfoil Remote, that enables you to easily control the app from anywhere in your hows with the help of an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. At the same time, Airfoil is capable to receive audio from iTunes running on another system or from an iOS device.
Another worth mentioning feature is that from Airfoil’s main window, you can easily select the audio source, along with the receiving device, monitor and adjust the sound level and access the built-in sound equalizer. Consequently, you can add volume gain, change the sound balance and use different EQ presets.
Extremely simple to setup tool for sending audio throughout your house wirelessly
Airfoil also comes with Airfoil Speakers, the secondary application that you need to install on the Macs you want to stream the sound to. Airfoil Speakers is capable to initiate connections back to Airfoil and start receiving sound remotely. You can even use it as a remote control to change the audio source and change the currently playing track.
What’s new in Airfoil 5.7.0
February 20th, 2018
- Major Enhancement: Airfoil now offers full compatibility with Apple's new HomePod, enabling you to send any audio to the device. Airfoil can also handle volume and playback commands sent by the HomePod, with playback commands passed on to supported audio sources.
- Major Enhancement: Downcast for Mac is now supported for enhanced metadata and remote control. As well, an enhanced experience will be provided when using BeardedSpice with supported sites in Safari, Chrome, or Vivaldi.
- Enhancement: Track title support has been updated to support all versions of Djay Pro 2, including Mac App Store downloads.
- Enhancement: Entries in the passcode field, used for Apple TV access, are no longer needlessly bullet-obscured.
- Bug Fix: Airfoil now correctly identifies an improperly configured HomePod (which reports error 400), and will instruct how to adjust settings to enable connections.
- Other: Airfoil now clears its Keychain items (used for password-protected speakers) when performing a Factory Reset.