Descriptions for Adobe XD CC 2018 3.1.12
Name: Adobe XD
Version: CC 3.0.12
Released: Dec 12th, 2017
Developer: Adobe Systems Incorporated
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.11 or later
Includes: Adobe Zii 3.0.4 for CC 2018 & Patch
Web Site: http://www.adobe.com/
Design, test, and prototype both websites and mobile applications in a well organized environment that aims to streamline the entire process
Adobe XD CC (formerly known as Adobe Experience Design CC) aims to provide full support to UX designers that are trying to improve the way in which users interact with their product. The app allows you to develop both websites and mobile apps and helps you test the outcome and generate prototypes.
UX design tool that can help you develop projects for specific devices
Right off the bat, Adobe XD CC makes you decide if you want to develop projects for iPhone, iPad or web. In addition, you can opt for custom size boards. However, within the designer area, you can add artboards of various sizes.
The Adobe XD CC user interface is separated in two main tabs: one that allows you to deal with the design aspect of your project, and the other to help you configure the associated prototype.
Adobe XD CC permits you to test the outcome in a separate window, and you get to both interact with and record the activity and share the capture with your client or other team members.
Manage your design projects with intuitive drag and drop movements
Within the Adobe XD CC canvas area, you get to add new elements with the help of basic vector drawing tools, combine them any way you like, import images with simple drag and drop actions, create wireframes, and so on.
The same rules apply when adding interactions and animations to your project in the prototype area. Just establish connections between your artboards using the mouse, and employ the contextual menu to manage the animations.
Worth mentioning is that, since the Adobe XD CC project is still under heavy development, some of the editing functions one would expect are not yet included, but working with the application is quite intuitive.
Share your project's prototype via the Adobe Creative Cloud
Adobe XD CC allows you to export your project's design to a PNG image file, or you can record your interaction with the prototype to an MOV video file.
Nevertheless, you can also use your Creative Cloud account to share the prototypes directly with your team. Just use the Share command to generate a public URL and preview the prototype in a web browser.
What’s new in Adobe XD CC 3.0.12
- You can now quickly apply an underline to text with a keyboard shortcut or a button in the property inspector. Underline maintains fidelity with characters that have descenders such as y and g.
Options for stroke align type:
- Toggle between stroke align types (inside, outside, or center) on a closed object like a rectangle or circle to modify weight and alignment and control the appearance of your design.
Adobe Stock licensing:
- Right click on an Adobe Stock raster image in the Creative Cloud Libraries window to begin licensing.
Graphics editing in Photoshop:
- Right click on a raster graphic in the Creative Cloud Libraries window to edit it in Photoshop.
More prototype publishing options:
- Quickly enable and disable hotspot hints to see which areas of your prototype are interactive, then publish to share with your team. Set to open in full screen mode to view without comments or other distractions.
Design Specs (Beta) improvements:
- Get started quickly with user tips and improvements for navigation and properties. Design Specs (Beta) now also supports English, French, German, Korean, and Japanese.
And so much more:
- Also includes: Access to Zoom tool in prototype mode, keyboard shortcuts for font size, and more.