Descriptions for Description
Name: Acorn 5 - The Image Editor for Humans
Release Date: January 24, 2017
Developer: Flying Meat Inc.
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.10 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Web Site: http://flyingmeat.com/acorn/
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/acorn-5-image-editor-for-humans/id1019272813?mt=12
Everyone needs to edit photos at some point, but not everyone has the time to learn complicated super pricey photo editing software. This is why we created Acorn. Add text and shapes to your digital pictures. Combine images together to create a photo collage. Work with layers to touch up your favorite photos or make something entirely new from scratch. Do all this and more with Acorn!
Powerful Layer Capabilities
* Over 25 different non-destructive blending mode options.
* There is no limit to the number of layers and group layers, so you are never held back in creating complex intricate images.
* Use layer masks to block out unwanted areas of your image or to expose layers below.
* Transform, rotate, move, lock, merge, delete, and duplicate your layers quickly and easily.
* Use Acorn’s snapping to line things up perfectly. Snap to grid, guides, selections, shapes, layers, and the canvas.
Filters, Layer Styles, and Effects
* Apply endless combinations of layer styles and non-destructive filters to create unique effects.
* Save and modify your filters even after you’ve closed and re-opened your Acorn image.
* Customize your own presets and use the on-canvas controls to get things looking just right.
* Tilt shift, vignette, shadow, distortions, blurs, and over a hundred additional effects. Adding effects to your images has never been so easy.
* Use non-destructive curves and levels to adjust the individual color channels to perfect the mid-tones, shadows, highlights, and contrast in your images.
The Tools You Need
* Powerful eraser tools like instant alpha make removing photo backgrounds and other unwanted pixels from your images both fast and fun.
* Use traditional photography techniques like dodge and burn to highlight and darken your images.
* Acorn’s customizable clone, blur, and smudge brushes will have your photos looking great.
* Acorn features brushes that let you draw and sketch right on your image. Use a track pad, mouse, or even a tablet.
* Create your own brushes using Acorn's built in brush designer, or add to your brush library by importing photoshop brushes.
* Use Acorn’s multi-stop live gradients to create beautiful linear and radial gradients for vector shape and bitmap layers.
* Create custom selections, invert, feather, and even add a corner radius. Quickly select an entire color using the magic wand.
* Quickmask mode allows you to easily create and edit your selections like never before.
* Acorn’s text tool gives you control over your text in a simple interface. Everything is in the text palette from bold and italic to kerning and ligatures.
* Stars, arrows, bézier curves, circles, lines, and squares are just a handful of the vector features awaiting you.
* Use Acorn’s powerful shape processor to move, tweak, generate, and adjust shapes. Best of all, shape processors are non-destructible and stackable just like Acorn’s filters.
* Boolean shape operations include union, intersect, difference and exclude. Create complex vectors with ease.
* Convert text to bézier paths, add and subtract bézier points, and have your edges snap to pixel boundaries for precise alignment.
* RAW image import that allows you to import as 32, 64, or even 128 bit images.
* Create layered screenshots of every window you have open on your computer. It’s magic.
* Optimize and export your images for the web as PNG, JPEG, JPEG 2000, and GIF.
* Use Acorn’s Smart Layer Export for easy 1x and 2x image export.
* Retina canvas support, and image metadata support.
Acorn’s website offers extensive online documentation, tutorials, a forum, and responsive support staff. You don’t have to learn by yourself. If you ever run into any issues, please let us know by writing to email@example.com
What's New in Version 5.6.1:
* Fixed a bug where the brush "Painting 9" wasn't working correctly.
* Fixed an annoying bug where sometimes you'd try and click on a shape that's on another layer but instead you'd end up selecting a shape on your current layer which was technically under the one you were trying to click so that kind of makes sense, but it's not what you were trying to do. We fixed that.
* Fixed a bug where the Clear Recent menu item wouldn't clear the Touch Bar of recent images.
If you like Acorn, we'd love it if you could take a moment and give it a nice review. It helps Acorn get noticed, which helps everyone in the long run.