Descriptions for Description
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: 10.10 or later
What's new in Version 5.1:
[NEW] Basic SVG support! You can now export documents and shape layers as simple SVG files. SGA: If there are no shape layers in your image, then the SVG export option will be grayed out. Additionally, this is a pure vector export - any bitmap operations like layer filters or masks are ignored for SVG export.
[NEW] Taptic feedback for snapping guides (requires OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later).
[NEW] New preference to have a little tick when snapping guides. For those of you without a fancy taptic trackpad, this one is for you. Turn it on under the Guides preferences - "Audible snaps".
[NEW] If you've got an Illustrator file that has PDF compatibility turned on for it- Acorn will now open it up like it would a PDF file, allowing you to pick what resolution you'd like to open it as.
[NEW] New option added to the Shape Generator Processor: Random Bézier.
[NEW] The translate shape processor now has a cumulative option. We love seeing what you've done with the shape processors. Keep it up!
[NEW] Brand new "New Image / Layer from Camera" code, which brings it back to the App Store version of Acorn.
[NEW] If you have a https: URL to an image on the clipboard, the File ▸ New from Clipboard menu item will download and open it.
[FIXED] When opening up a .acorn image without any layer data in it, Acorn will attempt to fallback to the composite attribute of the image to make a single layer from.
[FIXED] Now with 100% more HTTPS.
[FIXED] Various selection fixes.
[FIXED] Compatibility fixes with OS 10.11 El Capitan.
[FIXED] Fixed a bug where PDF import wouldn't always set the DPI correctly.
[FIXED] Fixed a bug where the Snap to Selection pref wasn't carried over to new documents.
Full Releasenotes: http://flyingmeat.com/acorn/releasenotes.html
Courtesy of team CORE
More Info: http://flyingmeat.com/acorn/
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/acorn-5-image-editor-for-humans/id1019272813?ls=1&mt=12
Everyone needs to edit images at some point, but not everyone has the time to learn complicated super pricey image editing programs. This is why we created Acorn. Add text and shapes to your digital pictures.
Combine images together to create your own. Work with layers to touch up your favorite photos or make something new from scratch. Do all this and more with Acorn.
* Take screenshots using Acorn and edit them right away.
* Chain together image filters to create stunning effects.
* Layer based image editing, an industry standard.
* Make new images and layers using your built-in iSight.
* Easy image and canvas resizing, just by changing the size of your window.
* Take advantage of every pixel of your monitor with full screen image editing.
* Tablet sensitive for pressure strokes and using the tablet's eraser.
* Vector shape and text layers.
* Freeform, elliptical, rectangular, and magic wand selections.
* Create and apply custom text styles.
* Control opacity and blending modes for each layer.
* Write plugins using the Python scripting language, as well as in Objective-C.
* GPU powered. The same graphics card that makes your gaming experience smooth, helps Acorn fly through the toughest of graphics operations.