Descriptions for Description
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: OS X 10.8 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Block connections to:
Courtesy of Team NOY
Release Date: June 15, 2015.
Acorn now comes with a share extension for 10.10 Yosemite, so you can copy images from Photos to Acorn.
Fixed a bug where drawing with opacity with the brush tool after clearing a canvas selection wouldn't work properly.
Fixed a bug where the opacity slider would sometimes be disabled when you turned off visibility for the non active layer.
Fixed a preview issue with the CIVignette filter.
Fixed a preview issue with the BC Vignette filter from the BC Image Units package.
Fixed a redraw issue with the burn tool.
Fixed a bug where moving to a shape layer's mask would clear the current bitmap selection.
Fixed a bug where control clicking on a guide didn't always add "Delete Guide" to the contextual menu item (you had to be _right_ on the sucker).
Fixed a bug where creating a bezier path with mitered joins wouldn't always draw correctly with extreme join angles.
Fixed a bug where using the boolean operations from the quick config popover wouldn't disable after use (since you would only have a single shape selected at this point, and they wouldn't work).
Fixed a problem where the ruler wasn't showing the correct origin in the y axis on retina displays.
If you're running 10.10.3 or later, you'll get to use the very latest non-buggy version of the RAW importer (version 6) if available for your RAW images.
Full Release Notes: https://secure.flyingmeat.com/acorn/releasenotes.html
More Info: http://flyingmeat.com/acorn/
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/acorn-4-image-editor-for-humans/id634108295?mt=12
Everyone needs to edit images at some point, but not everyone has the time to learn complicated super pricey image editing programs. This is why we created Acorn. Add text and shapes to your digital pictures.
Combine images together to create your own. Work with layers to touch up your favorite photos or make something new from scratch. Do all this and more with Acorn.
* Take screenshots using Acorn and edit them right away.
* Chain together image filters to create stunning effects.
* Layer based image editing, an industry standard.
* Make new images and layers using your built-in iSight.
* Easy image and canvas resizing, just by changing the size of your window.
* Take advantage of every pixel of your monitor with full screen image editing.
* Tablet sensitive for pressure strokes and using the tablet's eraser.
* Vector shape and text layers.
* Freeform, elliptical, rectangular, and magic wand selections.
* Create and apply custom text styles.
* Control opacity and blending modes for each layer.
* Write plugins using the Python scripting language, as well as in Objective-C.
* GPU powered. The same graphics card that makes your gaming experience smooth, helps Acorn fly through the toughest of graphics operations.