Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: 10.6.6 or higher
Processor type(s) & speed:
Address issues with images being uploaded for display on Retina screens:
Images are now uploaded at 2x specified dimensions when Retina checkbox selected
Width and height fields now show size as "points" instead of "pixels"
Width and height fields now limited based on size of image and Retina setting
Rich and HTML Editor bug fixes
Fix a bug where pressing return in a blockquote could cause a new blockquote to be created
Fix a bug where smart quotes, etc. were erroneously allowed in plain HTML
Fix a bug that prevented images from being pasted into post editor content
Other media-related fixes
Fix a bug that caused Tumblr images publish at constrained size even if the size is changed in Media Manager
Fix a bug where media style macro was not applied to re-inserted, previously uploaded images
Fix a bug where media style macro with prefix and suffix did not wrap the active selection
Other bug fixes
Fix a bug that prevented post documents from showing unsaved changes after changing custom field contents
Fix a bug in "Show Text Statistics" sample script that caused inaccurate word count to be shown
Fix a bug in Media Manager that failed to show the entire folder name for folders with periods (.) in their names
Default newly added Blogspot blogs to "Apply Preview Filter" before publishing, to ensure paragraph tags are added if needed
The best way to write, preview, and publish your blog.
- Works with WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr, Squarespace 5, TypePad, Movable Type and dozens more through standard MetaWeblog and AtomPub interfaces.
- Work offline with local drafts on your Mac, preview the formatting and content of your posts, and publish when you're ready to share with the world.
- Easily browse for a photo from your iPhoto, Aperture, or Lightroom libraries, and embed it for automatic upload with your blog post.
- Avoid common browser-based problems like losing your edits by navigating to another page, poor spelling for lack of a spell checker, etc.
- Perfect for professional bloggers and casual writers who don't want to mess around with clunky web-based interfaces. If you're lucky enough to have a Mac, nothing is more powerful or more elegant than MarsEdit.
- Write in Rich Text "WYSIWYG" that will be converted automatically to HTML when you publish, or hand-tune the HTML in a syntax-highlighted code editor. Markdown fan? Write in Markdown in the HTML editor and see a live-preview of the HTML rendering in the preview window.
More info: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/marsedit-blog-editor-for-wordpress/id402376225?mt=12