Descriptions for Schwartz 1.8
Release Date: October 16, 2017
Developer: Celestial Teapot Software
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.8 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Includes: K (Special K)
Web Site: http://celestialteapot.com/schwartz
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/schwartz/id665730653?mt=12
Schwartz is a developer tool that takes the pain out of writing complex graphics-drawing code. With Schwartz, you can create vector-based graphic compositions in a user-friendly WYSIWYG environment, and then automatically generate source code for rendering your composition on iOS, OS X, the Web, or any other platform.
But what’s unique about Schwartz is that it’s **template-based**. Each source code output target is a template that can be edited to your specific syntactical tastes. And adding new templates to support new target languages is extremely easy.
Working with Schwartz templates is a simple and intuitive process, similar to using template languages for popular web application frameworks like Ruby on Rails, Django, or JavaServer Pages.
What’s New in Schwartz 1.8
– NEW: Custom Properties. In the Inspector sidebar, you’ll find a new “Custom Properties” palette. Here, you can add custom name/value pairs to any selected object on the canvas. Then, you can access these properties in your Schwartz Templates by looping through `object.customProperties` or `object.customPropertiesDictionary`. Each custom property has a `name` and `value` property containing the values you entered in the sidebar palette.
– NEW: Export Selection – Main Menu > File > Export Selection.
– NEW: 10% Zoom Scale option.
– FIX: Control-clicking objects on the Canvas for activating the context menu now works properly again.
– FIX: Improved canvas rendering performance.
Daily Ranking – Top 5 in This Category