Descriptions for Remotix 5.0
Name: Remotix VNC, RDP & NEAR
Release Date: October 25, 2017
Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Russian
Developer: Nulana LTD
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.6.6 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Includes: Pre-K’ed (TNT)
Web Site: http://www.nulana.com/remotix-mac
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/remotix-vnc-rdp-near/id466261145?mt=12
Here is what Remotix users say:
“Remotix is just absolutely amazing, I use it all the time. It allowed me to log onto my work computer from my personal computer and there was hardly any lag at all, my internet isn’t the best and even apps like this still manage to run with zero problems!”
Matt Falconer, Mac App Store
“This app is very fast and has already saved me a couple of times because I have left something on the wrong computer. Love it, well worth the money.”
Mark.L13, Mac App Store
• Introducing NEAR- low-latency, adaptive, H.264 based remote desktop protocol
• Apple Screen Sharing, VNC and RDP, including RD Gateway
• Connect from anywhere with Remotix Cloud technology
• Discover nearby computers using Bonjour, NetBIOS and LAN scanners
• Observe multiple computers at once
• Secure connections via SSH tunneling
• Stored computers are synced to all your devices via Remotix Cloud or iCloud
• Master password protection
• URL schemes to launch Remotix from third-party apps
If you are connecting to Mac or PC with NEAR:
• Hardware accelerated H.264 based remote desktop experience;
• Three quality modes, including “smooth”- for video & games.
• Automatically adapts to changing network conditions;
• Clipboard synchronization;
• Remote sound transfer;
• Login using system credentials or personal access code;
• Curtain mode & remote screen locking (Mac only).
If you are connecting to Mac with Screen Sharing:
• Drag-n-drop to share files between your Mac and remote Mac
• Automatically keeps your Mac pasteboard synchronized
• Best performance on average or slow internet connections with Apple adaptive codec
• Multi-display configuration selection, combined or each display individually
• Dramatic improvement of interaction speed with server-side picture scaling
• Ask to share the screen or authenticate by OS X username & password
• If there is someone logged in, select whether to ask for sharing or to start separate session
• Curtain mode & remote screen locking
• Remote multi-touch
If you are connecting to Windows over RDP:
• RD Gateway & load-balancing configurations
• On-the-fly resolution and scale change
• Rich clipboard with text, RTF and HTML
• Sound playback & recording
• Your Mac files are available as a folder within RDP session
• Automatic connection setup for the best performance over 3G or LAN
• Secure NLA authentication
If you are connecting to Linux or Windows over VNC:
• Works well with VMWare, UltraVNC, TightVNC, RealVNC, TigerVNC and x11vnc servers
• Copy and paste with automatic clipboard sync
• Microsoft Windows Logon authentication (UltraVNC)
• VeNCrypt TLS authentication (ProxMox, TurboVNC)
• x11vnc-ncache mode support
What’s New in Remotix 5.0
Biggest Remotix Release Ever!
1. NEAR Protocol
We’re happy to introduce modern, low-latency remote desktop protocol called NEAR. NEAR brings hardware accelerated H.264 based desktop experience, network adaptivity, remote sound transfer, transparent multi-language input and automatic clipboard synchronization.
To use NEAR, install latest Remotix Agent on the target computers. For more information, check nulana.com/remotix-mac
2. Remotix Cloud Sync
Remotix can automatically synchronize your server list across all your devices once you log in to Remotix Cloud.
3. Built-in Chat
Chat freely with the users behind the machines you manage right from Remotix. Remotix Hub Chat, previously only available on Remotix Hub web (and Remotix Agent), now coming to Remotix itself.
4. Hardware-accelerated H.264 support for RDP connections
Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 include the capability of transferring desktop picture using H.264, dramatically improving the user experience.
5. Multiple Groups
Stored computers can now reside in multiple groups (previously known as categories), giving you more precise way to organize them.
6. Separate SSH and RDG settings
SSH and Remote Desktop Gateway servers are now managed separately from your stored computers, so once you configure SSH or RDG server, you can use it in multiple connections.
7. High Sierra
Doubleclick issues are now fixed.
Daily Ranking – Top 5 in This Category