Descriptions for Polarr Photo Editor 4.3 MAS
Name: Polarr Photo Editor
Release Date: November 15, 2017
Languages: English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese, Welsh
Developer: Polarr, Inc.
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.10 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Includes: Pre-K’ed (TNT)
Web Site: http://www.polarr.co
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/polarr-photo-editor/id1058273036?mt=12
Used by the world’s most professional portrait and landscape photographers, Polarr offers advanced auto-enhance tools and sophisticated filters to edit every detail of your photo.
• Face detection and advanced face editing panel
• Adjust skin tones, face width, nose height, eye sizes, etc.
• Liquify, clone and healing tools
• Advanced text tool with shapes, ornaments, and multiple blend modes
• Complete set of color, radial and gradient masking and brushing tools
• Multiple local adjustments and layers
• Batch export, copy and paste adjustments
• Beta support for RAW formats
• Edit and upload your own watermark
• Over 100 high-quality filters for different scenes and settings
• Create, customize, and share your own filters
• Sync filters across devices
• At 50MB, Polarr is the smallest and yet most powerful photo editor for macOS
• Exceptional memory/CPU management and low power consumption
• Customizable UI color theme and workspace
• Drop images directly into the app from other apps
• Designed for mouse, keyboard and touch
• Proprietary control slider for speed and precision
• Interactive in-app guide to photo editing
• Expandable and collapsible workspace
• Responsive window re-sizing to fit your screen
• Keyboard shortcuts for common actions
• Color: Temperature, Tint, Vibrance, Saturation
• Light: Dehaze, Exposure, Brightness, Contrast, Highlights, Shadows, Whites, Blacks, Diffuse
• Detail: Clarity, Sharpen, Denoise (Color and Luminance)
• Vignette: Amount, Highlights, Roundness
• Lens: Distortion, Horizontal and Vertical Perspective
• Effect: Fringing, Pixelate, Noise Amount and Size
• HSL: Hue, Saturation, Luminance for eight color channels
• Curves: Master, Blue, Red, Green channels
• Toning: Highlight and Shadow tone, Tone balancing
• Local adjustments: Gradient, Radial, Color, Brush
• Text: Layer, Blend, Shapes and Ornaments
• Liquify: Wrap, Pinch, Bulge, Erase
• Multiple circular and gradient local adjustments
• Multiple brush and color masking adjustments
• Multiple clone and heal adjustments
• Adjusting basic color, highlights/shadows, clarity in local adjustments
• Additional local tools: Lens blur, feathering, invert
Cropping and Tilting
• Precise tilting with automatic zooming to fill the frame
• Horizontal and vertical mirroring and rotations
• Infinite undo and redo on your photos
• Easy navigations to jump to any point in previous edits
• Persist editing histories across different editing sessions
What’s New in Polarr Photo Editor 4.3
We received the most one star reviews in our last update and we apologize for the recent crashing issues experienced by some of you. The crashes are mostly caused by the fact that our developers are all using Sierra machines and we didn’t test OS backward compatibility for El Capitan and Yosemite before release as previous versions have been stable:
* For El Capitan and Yosemite users, we fixed all import related crashes in this update.
* For High Sierra users who run on 2015 Macbooks, we also fixed the trailing ghosting issues when moving the image around.
* We recommend you use the Pro mode of the app on bigger displays. You can change the express/pro mode UI in settings.
* We added better grain texture and grain controls. Now you can control roughness and highlights of the grain.
* We moved some of the local adjustment controls to the bottom of the image, and now the controls will hide when you make adjustments.
* Other improvements from our iOS app is now carried over to the mac app as well.