|Name||Install macOS Sierra.dmg|
|Created on||2016-09-27 13:07:32|
|Files||Install macOS Sierra.dmg (4.84 GB)|
Descriptions for Description
How to do info..
Format Your USB Flash Drive:
1. Insert the USB flash drive into your Mac's USB port.
2. Launch Disk Utility, located at /Applications/Utilities/.
3. In the list of drives attached to your Mac, select the USB flash drive device. In my case, it's called “16 GB TDK Stick”.
4. Click on “Erase”
5. Name the formatted usb drive “Untitled”
6. Select Mac OS X Extended (Journaled) from the Format dropdown menu.
7. For Scheme choose “Guid Partition Map”
6. And click “Erase”
Now the USB flash drive is prepared you can Restore "Install macOS Sierra.dmg” to your USB flash drive.
1. Open Disk Utility
2. In the menu left of the “Disk Utility” window select the USB Drive “Untitled”.
3. In the top menu bar from “Disk Utility” click “Edit” / “Restore”
4.Click on “Image” and go to the DMG File with macOS Sierra named “Install macOS Sierra.dmg” and click “Open”
5. Now click “Restore”
(To install macOS Sierra restart your Mac with “alt” hold and select your USB flash drive)
image need to be scanned before restore?
Unmount the dmg file named “Install macOS Sierra.dmg” (if it is mounted :)
Go to the top menu of “Disk Utility” window and select “images” and then “Scan image for restore”
Go to the “Install macOS Sierra.dmg” and click open.
Now you are able to restore the dmg-file to your usb drive.