Descriptions for Gifox 1.4.0
Name: Gifox – Gif Recording & Shari…
Release Date: December 06, 2017
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.10 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Includes: Keygen (CORE)
Web Site: https://gifox.io
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/gifox-gif-recording-shari/id1082624744?mt=12
Gifox is a beautifully designed and masterfully crafted app that records your screen into animated gifs – the great alternative between static images and full-size videos. It’s your best companion for:
– Micro-screencasts and product demos
– Animated instructions and bug reporting
– Selective on-screen video capturing
Gifox introduces a completely new way of continuous screen capturing with window selection mode – you select a window and Gifox precisely records it even when it’s moved or covered up by other windows. Free selection mode is also there for you – fast-select any area on the screen and hit record, like you used with the standard grab app / Cmd+Shift+4 command.
– Pixel-sharp selection with accurate margins
– Only selected window without any overlaps
– With or without window shadow
– With or without desktop background
A set of capturing options accessible via preferences window let you explicitly control your recording and output.
– Record fps
– Playback fps
– Window shadow
– Desktop background
Advanced compression options provide complete control over output quality and file size.
– Palette generation
Open up Gifox in any selection mode using preconfigured global shortcuts, which can be customised in preferences.
– Cmd+Shift+5 initiates/stops free selection mode recording
– Cmd+Shift+6 initiates/stops window mode recording
Easily share your recordings with Dropbox, Google Drive and Imgur, copy or drag-and-drop them to other apps! Support for more great services underway, but we want to know what integrations would be most useful for you – let us know using the in-app feedback form or contacts on our website.
What’s New in Gifox 1.4.0
Exciting and long-awaited release with new compression algorithm that gives MUCH better image quality and MU-U-U-UCH smaller file size! Now, by default, Gifox will use global colour palette composed from all frames. On top of that Gifox is now compatible with Bartender 3 – something a few of you have been waiting for awhile now. Enjoy and follow us at @gifoxapp on Twitter for development progress updates and promotions!
– New palette generation algorithm giving better quality and smaller file size.
– Compatibility with Bartender 3! Yes!
– Improved typography and misbehaving layout in OS X Yosemite.
– Status item no longer shows assistant view when clicked / dragged with command key down.
– Compression configuration changed from selector toolset wouldn’t apply until next recording.
– Crash while dragging recorded window between retina and non-retina screens.
– Fixed licensing issues under OS X Yosemite.