Name: Unity Pro - High-end game development app
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version:OS X 10.8 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Web Site: https://unity3d.com/unity/
Unity Pro delivers a stable and scalable platform for creating captivating content. Content that is efficient to create, and that works on low as well as high-end hardware.
● Unity is the only Mac-based high-end game development tool sporting a stylish pro-app GUI, no-friction workflow and top-of-the-line technical features such as extensible graphics, great particle effects, highly optimized scripting, the Ageia physX Engine, skinned character animation and ragdolls, and making standalone games for Mac and Windows (and Dashboard Widgets and web-plugins).
● Unity is a 3D game editor which happens to contain one of the most advanced game engines out there. Packed with power it is built to meet the demands of next-generation game developers.
● Automatic asset importing, prefabs, and ultra fast edit-play-modify turnaround while you assemble and test your game helps maintain the creative flow. Asset production was never this fast before. The editor ties together all the powerful features of the engine in an intuitive way.
What's New in Version 5.5.3f1:
• Graphics: Added support for feature level 11.1 on D3D11/D3D12. This brings native support for RGB565 and ARGB1555 RenderTexture formats. Note that this does not render correctly for ARGB4444 which will be fixed in one of the future releases.
• Graphics: An error message is shown in the console for platforms that don't support linear color space rendering with OpenGL ES. (757055)
• macOS/iOS/tvOS: Allow using Xcode's manual signing workflow by specifying a provisioning profile in Player Settings.
• Metal: Improved handling of transparent rendering after post-opaque image effects when using MSAA.
• Shaders: If an unknown/unhandled error occurs during shader compilation, append it to the shader compiler error message. This gives some context on what might be wrong in the shader.
• Shaders: Optimized in-editor import, load time and memory usage for shaders with massive amounts of potential variants.
• Unity Ads: Updated native binaries to version 2.0.6.
• Test Runner: Removed script templates for test runner (as it is not released). (855550)
• Editor: Fix for an editor crash when switching platforms on a command line build shipped in 5.5.0p4 has been backed out as it requires further tests. This issue will be fixed in a future version (859350).
• Ads: Engine integrated Ads fails to load on iOS builds published to Apple App Store (874227). Workaround is to use Asset Store package Unity Ads 2.0. This will be fixed as soon as possible.
• iOS: Unity splash screen doesn't show up on iOS builds (856772). This will be fixed in a future patch release.
• Warning about missing object references in the inspector after upgraded to 5.5. We have only received one bug report and we have not been able to reproduce the issue. If you find some/all of your object references missing in the inspector do not save your scene. Quit the editor and re-open your project and the references should come back correctly.
• AI: Fix for "!InCrowdSystem" and "!handle.IsValid()" errors seen in console when calling Warp and enabling a disabled NavMeshAgent. (833396)
• Analytics: Fixed occasional Windows editor crash on shutdown. (858785)
• Android: Disabled fence sync on poor performing drivers. (827110)
• Android: First scene is now loaded asynchronously while the splash screen is displayed. (835453)
• Android: Fixed a crash when reloading or resuming scene which uses WebCamTexture. (855603, 859268)
• Android: Fixed an exception when trying to build to a non-existent path. (848830)
• Android: Fixed an issue where pausing during the splash screen would cause sprites to be black. (845080)
• Android: Fixed auto-rotation on Android 4.1 and older. (854739)